spiderman far from home was awful. change my mind

Watch
Bvbfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I finally got round to watching it earlier. In my opinion it was by far the worst of any spiderman film with any actor. I loved all the tobey maguire films and I actually really liked the Andrew Garfield films as well. I didn't think homecoming was too bad. But far from home just made me cringe non stop. It became unbearable. It seems as though these Tom Holland films really centre around the fact they are teenagers and try to include typical teenage stuff as a source of humour. The TM and AG films did this as well but in a much lesser quantity and when they did do it it wasnt cringeworthy. But im watching far from home and trying to get into the plot and then every 30 seconds they throw in a corny teenage joke that lands flat and does nothing but divert from the plot. In my opinion they went overboard with this in homecoming but far from home was just another level.. and yes I know many people will disagree but for me this was enough to completely ruin the movie. I usually dont really care too much about films but im actually angry at how much i cringed while watching this films.
Knights_Templar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s not quite the home-run of Homecoming, but Far From Home isn’t far from matching it, with heaps of humour, energetic action, and the answers Endgame left you craving.
Bvbfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Knights_Templar)
It’s not quite the home-run of Homecoming, but Far From Home isn’t far from matching it, with heaps of humour, energetic action, and the answers Endgame left you craving.
Now this made me laugh. Heaps of humour? heaps of humour? are you serious?
Sarah Gunn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bvbfan)
Now this made me laugh. Heaps of humour? heaps of humour? are you serious?
I don't wish to pry, but you did ask for opinions, and they gave you one they thought was good enough. It is your problem if you have a problem with their comment, not theirs.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's definitely in the lower tier of MCU films but it's perfectly serviceable, a solid mid-tier Spider Man film. A damn sight better than Spider Man 3 and TAS 2 (the worst spiderman film by a mile in my opinion, that was awful) at very least, I'd argue better than TAS and the first TM Spider Man as well.

Frankly I have no desire to rewatch any live action Spider Man film anymore, because that would be 90-120 minutes spent not watching the best Spiderman Film by a wide margin, Into the Spider-Verse.
DOOODARS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Definitely not my favourite MCU or spider man film (reserved for into the spider verse lmao) It didn’t make me die inside but I probably wouldn’t wilfully watch it again unless it was the only thing on tv.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Meh both of those films are only halfway up on my personal recommendation list.
chryssucks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
agreed.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Homecoming was better but I also enjoyed FFH as well. There are things I'd change to make the plot of the glasses work better but on the whole I had fun with it.

Also by the end of the film I really liked those glasses and ended up getting contacts to wear so I could have a pair. No other film has had that kind of impact on me.
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I enjoyed Far From Home. It wasn't quite as good as Homecoming, which had the USP of seeing Spider-Man join the MCU for the first time, but I like that they made him part of such a big storyline through Infinity War and Endgame, and gave Far From Home the responsibility of being the first post-Endgame film. I'm sure a lot of the film's success can be attributed to the success of Avengers. Had this film not been part of the MCU, like another Sony-exclusive reboot for example, it wouldn't have made anywhere near the numbers it did. I'm pretty sure it beat the previous record-holder Skyfall to become Sony's highest grossing film ever. I get that they can't please everyone but the MCU movies get high ratings pretty consistently and that reflects in the BO numbers. IMO there hasn't been a single bad film in the MCU since Thor The Dark World which was just OK, not awful. In the whole series there's only one film I really didn't like, and that was Iron Man 2 over 10 years ago. I doubt they would have been able to make Endgame the highest-grossing film in history were it not for repeat viewings and replay value.
Last edited by asif007; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
18.14%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (118)
28.92%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (153)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (50)
12.25%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed