khushi.xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey guys, I'm in yr 12 and I took sociology as one of my options. and I kinda need advice on how to revise effectively and any tips/ websites to help me revise. I have those moments where I start to panic thinking I'm going to fail and therefore I would like some advice on how to pass A-LEVEL sociology.
wildflowerholly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
im in year 13 doing sociology and my main advice is to write down all the sociologists in your textbook and aim to write at least an a4 page on each of them, then condense it etc
also THE CORNELL METHOD !!! it helps so much (its difficult to explain but google it and use that for a basis of your revision its extremely useful for soc)
also with sociology practice questions are your best friend- after you complete a topic find as many practice questions and do as many as you can and get your teacher to mark them and tell you how to improve
remember youre only in year 12 and youre not expected to get A*s straight away, a levels are hard but if you keep going over things and revising, you should be doing well in no time
dont stress about it and if you have any more questions about soc dont be afraid to ask me !
khushi.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by holly-54)
im in year 13 doing sociology and my main advice is to write down all the sociologists in your textbook and aim to write at least an a4 page on each of them, then condense it etc
also THE CORNELL METHOD !!! it helps so much (its difficult to explain but google it and use that for a basis of your revision its extremely useful for soc)
also with sociology practice questions are your best friend- after you complete a topic find as many practice questions and do as many as you can and get your teacher to mark them and tell you how to improve
remember youre only in year 12 and youre not expected to get A*s straight away, a levels are hard but if you keep going over things and revising, you should be doing well in no time
dont stress about it and if you have any more questions about soc dont be afraid to ask me !
hey girll thank youu for the advice will defo try to do the things you said i just need to be more organised as well lmaoo but thank youu!!! xx
wildflowerholly
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by khushi.xo)
hey girll thank youu for the advice will defo try to do the things you said i just need to be more organised as well lmaoo but thank youu!!! xx
yes lmao being organised is important with any a level but sociology especially
khushi.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by holly-54)
yes lmao being organised is important with any a level but sociology especially
thats another thing i need help with FMLLLLL
wildflowerholly
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
thats another thing i need help with FMLLLLL

dont worry about it! youve only just started year 12, just try and organise yourself by christmas and after christmas i would stay start proper revising for exams x
laura.barrett13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey guys, I'm in yr 12 and I took sociology as one of my options. and I kinda need advice on how to revise effectively and any tips/ websites to help me revise. I have those moments where I start to panic thinking I'm going to fail and therefore I would like some advice on how to pass A-LEVEL sociology.
bruh i am thinking of studying sociology nice to hear how you are finding it so far? lmao i have to decide what to pick soon and im still stuck with whether i should take sociology or not, i think i will
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Try flashcards. This is very good for quick revision. You can write down anything even a question on one side and the correct answer on the back of the card. Alternatively you might like to make up notes.
You can order a set online.
khushi.xo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by laura.barrett13)
bruh i am thinking of studying sociology nice to hear how you are finding it so far? lmao i have to decide what to pick soon and im still stuck with whether i should take sociology or not, i think i will
yk what sociology is actually such a calm subject. the only thing thats annoying/ hard is learning about a lot of case studies. if we dont list and talk about them in exams then we just fail. lol
khushi.xo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Try flashcards. This is very good for quick revision. You can write down anything even a question on one side and the correct answer on the back of the card. Alternatively you might like to make up notes.
You can order a set online.
i wanted to do flashcards to learn case studies but im soo bad at summarising what each person said. and i am unable to find anything online lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (132)
24.26%
Live streaming events (47)
8.64%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (120)
22.06%