The Student Room Group

Urgent

whats the difference between Media Production, Graphic Design, Culture, Media & Creative Industries....
Original post by lostceline
whats the difference between Media Production, Graphic Design, Culture, Media & Creative Industries....

Hey!

What is it you are hoping to study? All of those areas are creative but in different ways. For example, Media Production may include more moving image production so film making, whereas Graphic Design could be more 2D based- creating posters and packaging etc

Happy to help you decide on which route you'd like to study just get in touch :smile:

Thanks,
Katt, Recruitment Officer
https://northernart.ac.uk/
Reply 2
Original post by Thenorthern
Hey!

What is it you are hoping to study? All of those areas are creative but in different ways. For example, Media Production may include more moving image production so film making, whereas Graphic Design could be more 2D based- creating posters and packaging etc

Happy to help you decide on which route you'd like to study just get in touch :smile:

Thanks,
Katt, Recruitment Officer
https://northernart.ac.uk/

i hv no clue all I know is I like pictures and spend like my whole on pinterest
i would love to be like an art director or something but also really enjoy buisness and managing
i feel like media production is too film for me and graphics like making ads and i dont really like marketing like idk it seems like a waste of time?? I also like more artsy like aesthetic instead of designing a box you know?? lol
tysm for ur help!!!!
Original post by lostceline
i hv no clue all I know is I like pictures and spend like my whole on pinterest
i would love to be like an art director or something but also really enjoy buisness and managing
i feel like media production is too film for me and graphics like making ads and i dont really like marketing like idk it seems like a waste of time?? I also like more artsy like aesthetic instead of designing a box you know?? lol
tysm for ur help!!!!

Hi,

Have you thought about Photography, if you like pictures/photos and researching on platforms like Pinterest that could be a good direction? This would then also link in with the Art Direction element that you’re interested in. Photography will give you all the many layers to creating and producing the image.
Also if you are contemplating design and marketing you could combine the both and look at course such as Digital Design and Advertising. These will explore lots of elements and different aesthetics for different target audiences.
Hope that helps and if you need any more info or help feel free to keep in touch 😊

Thanks,
Kirsty, Recruitment Assistant

Quick Reply

Latest