*GCSE Help* for History as a Private Candidate.

Watch
AchyutChaudhary
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi all,
I hope you are doing well.

I am planning to sit GCSE History exam this year as a private student. I haven’t ever learnt GCSE History till date, but I am planning to self-learn it myself and sit an exam this year. I think I can study the 2 year course in one year since I only have 3 other subjects to study for.

Hence, I just wanted your advice, can you please help me and give me your advice and tips for learning GCSE History please?
It would be great if you can tell me any websites, YouTube channels, films and documentaries, any particular Textbooks, any Revision Guides and Workbooks, Websites, Revision Techniques, etc. that you have found useful when you were learning and revising for History.

Do you think making notes from any textbooks/ revision guides, videos or websites is required for a good grade, or will other resources like revision guides and textbooks be enough?

By the way, I do the Edexcel 9-1 GCSE course and the following options:
1) Medicine in Britain & the British Sector of the Western Front
2) Early Elizabethan England & Superpower Relations and the Cold War
3) Weimar & Nazi Germany

BUT, feel free to tell me your advice and tips REGARDLESS of the options or exam board you studied for!

Looking forward to hearing your advice and many thanks for your help
Last edited by AchyutChaudhary; 7 months ago
xxarooj786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
To memorise key info and dates of events use flashcards
Practice exam questions and essay structure for the 16 marker (and just questions in general)
Make sure to memorise some statistics, e.g how many seats Hitler had by 1939 in the Reichstag. This impresses the examiner and makes u seem like u know what ur talking about.
The best of luck x
_kvymnnn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Try and get a hold of the Hodder GCSE History for Edexcel textbooks. That's what we use in school at least. Also make sure you practice the different kinds of questions i.e. 12 marker, 16 marker and revise their structure.
AchyutChaudhary
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (158)
44.26%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (29)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (75)
21.01%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (21)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise