The Student Room Group

English Literature Applicants 2021

Hi!
Just thought I’d make this thread so that those applying for English at uni could have a place to chat :smile:
Which universities are you all applying to?

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I'm applying for English lit at Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, UCL and King's! What about you? (:
Reply 2
Original post by itdobemefolks
Hi! I'm applying for English lit at Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, UCL and King's! What about you? (:

I love St Andrew’s! I was going to apply there until I saw the acceptance rate 😂
I’ve had offers from Manchester, Lancaster, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary London, New College of the Humanities. And now I’m just waiting to hear from Oxford (which I don’t think will be positive news!)
Original post by Sophiebxx
I love St Andrew’s! I was going to apply there until I saw the acceptance rate 😂
I’ve had offers from Manchester, Lancaster, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary London, New College of the Humanities. And now I’m just waiting to hear from Oxford (which I don’t think will be positive news!)

Oo, nice uni choices and congratulations on all your offers! I haven't submitted my UCAS yet, but I can't wait to be on the other side of this process!
Reply 4
I'm applying to Oxford, Durham, UCL, Edinburgh and Leeds, mostly for English literature and French. I've received an offer from Leeds for English and French, and one from Durham just for English. Anxiously waiting to hear back from Edinburgh and also receive my Oxford rejection! haha
which oxford college did you apply to?
Reply 5
Original post by norajhh
I'm applying to Oxford, Durham, UCL, Edinburgh and Leeds, mostly for English literature and French. I've received an offer from Leeds for English and French, and one from Durham just for English. Anxiously waiting to hear back from Edinburgh and also receive my Oxford rejection! haha

I applied to Jesus college, where did you apply? Also, did you have to sit the MLAT and ELAT? X
Reply 6
Oo, nice uni choices and congratulations on all your offers! I haven't submitted my UCAS yet, but I can't wait to be on the other side of this process!

I’m sure it’ll go great for you! It is such a relief to be done with most of it
Reply 7
I applied to Jesus college, where did you apply? Also, did you have to sit the MLAT and ELAT? X

I applied to Somerville :smile:
and yes, I did the ELAT and MLAT - have absolutely no idea how the ELAT went haha but we'll see
Jesus College and Somerville are both fantastic colleges. Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by EmeraldIsla

Thank you x
Reply 10
Original post by norajhh
I applied to Somerville :smile:
and yes, I did the ELAT and MLAT - have absolutely no idea how the ELAT went haha but we'll see

I don’t think the Elat went too well for me, but we’ll have to wait and see 😬
Reply 11
Original post by EmeraldIsla

thank you so much :smile:
Original post by norajhh

Hi, congrats on your offers! If you don't mind me asking, was your Durham offer contextual or international? I'm anxiously awaiting mine, for English too, and hoping the fact i've heard nothing is a good thing.
Hi! I'm applying to UCL, Edinburgh, King's, Warwick and Oxford! I have not received any updates yet which is quite nerve-racking 🙄
Reply 14
Original post by nogoodusersleft
Hi, congrats on your offers! If you don't mind me asking, was your Durham offer contextual or international? I'm anxiously awaiting mine, for English too, and hoping the fact i've heard nothing is a good thing.

Hi! Yes, I'm international so I'm pretty sure that's why my offer came out earlier. Best of luck to you!! :smile:
I applied to Durham and Leeds for Lit! Liverpool Lit and Media. I applied for some journalism courses too, but I’m leaning more towards Lit right now. Really hoping for Durham.
Hi everyone - I'm a current English student at University. If any of you have any questions about an English application or any worries or concerns feel free to message me I'd love to help! Bea :smile:
Hi! I’ve applied for English lit at Edinburgh, Glasgow and St. Andrews too! My other two are Bristol, which I’ve got an AAA offer from, and Cambridge (Pembroke) but that doesn’t seem likely 😂 Do you know if the Scottish unis usually take longer to get back to you? I’m an English applicant btw :smile:

Hi!
Just thought I’d make this thread so that those applying for English at uni could have a place to chat :smile:
Which universities are you all applying to?

Hi ! I've applied to York, Lancaster, Leeds and Manchester and have had these offers for English lit and lang in some, but am waiting on Oxford which is terrifying :redface:
I’ve applied to Kings, UCL, Queen Mary (ABB) and Newcastle (AAB)

Quick Reply

Latest