Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m applying for an accounting and finance degree
My options so far are:
1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. KCL
4.Nottingham (Accountancy fast track)
5. Nottingham (A and F)
I’m sure about applying to kings. I’m wondering if I would have better career prospects (not just accounting but maybe management consulting and finance) at Loughborough or Uni of bath. Does anyone have any idea if this is the case?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A few notes:

- the Kings course looks interesting, but its not clear whether it would provide exemption from professional accounting exams, which could be a big deal for you in a few years.
- Bath has an excellent year in industry programme and good graduate outcomes - they list where their graduates go to work each year on the website which is worth looking over.
Ss12367
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
A few notes:

- the Kings course looks interesting, but its not clear whether it would provide exemption from professional accounting exams, which could be a big deal for you in a few years.
- Bath has an excellent year in industry programme and good graduate outcomes - they list where their graduates go to work each year on the website which is worth looking over.
Ok thanks for that. It’s just that I’m hesitant going to somewhere like bath because I prefer London and big cities I know about, but I’ll check it out. Thanks a lot.
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ss12367)
My options so far are:
1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. KCL
5. Nottingham (A and F)
I’m sure about applying to kings. I’m wondering if I would have better career prospects (not just accounting but maybe management consulting and finance) at Loughborough or Uni of bath. Does anyone have any idea if this is the case?
Hi Ss12367,

I just wanted to let you know that you can read about our School of Business and Economics here and the range of courses we offer. We're 1st in the UK for graduate prospects in Accounting and Finance (according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020) and 5th in the UK for Accounting and Finance (The Guardian University Guide 2021).

Did you attend our recent Virtual Open Day? If you missed it, the pages are still live and you can take a look at the Business presentation which will give you more information about the courses on offer. There is also a presentation from our Careers Network team who support and guide students to help secure placements, work experience and so much more.

I hope this helps and if you would like the opportunity to chat live to our academic staff and students, then we will be holding another virtual open day on Saturday 28 November.

Please do let me know if you would like any further information.

Good luck
Bindu
Ss12367
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi Ss12367,

I just wanted to let you know that you can read about our School of Business and Economics here and the range of courses we offer. We're 1st in the UK for graduate prospects in Accounting and Finance (according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020) and 5th in the UK for Accounting and Finance (The Guardian University Guide 2021).

Did you attend our recent Virtual Open Day? If you missed it, the pages are still live and you can take a look at the Business presentation which will give you more information about the courses on offer. There is also a presentation from our Careers Network team who support and guide students to help secure placements, work experience and so much more.

I hope this helps and if you would like the opportunity to chat live to our academic staff and students, then we will be holding another virtual open day on Saturday 28 November.

Please do let me know if you would like any further information.

Good luck
Bindu
Thanks! In the end I did apply to Loughborough so I’ll check out the pages to learn more.
username5324910
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My options so far are:
1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. KCL
5. Nottingham (A and F)
hey man I don't know if u remember me but u replied to my message in the warwick 2021 group...congrats on ur application btw I really hope u get into all ur choices...all the best and did u get any offers till now?
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks! In the end I did apply to Loughborough so I’ll check out the pages to learn more.
Hi Ss12367,

Great to hear you applied, good luck with your application . Bindu
Ss12367
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vighnes0216)
hey man I don't know if u remember me but u replied to my message in the warwick 2021 group...congrats on ur application btw I really hope u get into all ur choices...all the best and did u get any offers till now?
Yes I remember you. And no offers yet! It was sent back to me to change my choice of kcl to Loughborough. So it’s probably just been sent off. Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads