22 and never had a girlfriend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've only kissed one girl. I have never had a girlfriend. A girl once confessed she fancied me, but nothing came of it. There was another girl, who I believed liked me, but again nothing happened. Both of those girls are now in comitted relationships and have no contact with me. I rarely leave the house, and I'm ashamed to admit, but I'm a virgin. I hardly ever meet new people. Nobody seems interested in me anymore. I would never join a dating website. I'm not lonely, but some people around me are either happily married or in a relationship. I do not have any friends to hang out with. Perhaps, it is time to face the truth that'll I'll be forever single.
richmaths
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There is nothing wrong with being 22 and a virgin. Plus there is no 'truth' that you will forever be alone, because that makes no logical sense. You have years and years to meet someone, just because other people have met 'the one' at your age means nothing. I assume the best places to meet people are at work, uni, social events or just whatever things you do that you meet new people.

As much as I'd love to give an easy solution, it's really just about time and patience and going out of your comfort zone to talk to new people.
username5460436
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You don’t know the future, you are likely to meet many friends girls in the future, but regardless of how many rejection or flakes you have had, you need to move on. Start trying to be friends with girls instead of chasing relationships - it can be a turn-off. Focus on your own life not everyone else’s.
vikivikv23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I do not see anything shameful if at 22 you are a virgin
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
At least you've kissed someone. I'm sure things will get better for you for sure!

I'm about to turn 22 and have neither kissed, held hands with or had sex with a girl sadly
ana.mika
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've only kissed one girl. I have never had a girlfriend. A girl once confessed she fancied me, but nothing came of it. There was another girl, who I believed liked me, but again nothing happened. Both of those girls are now in comitted relationships and have no contact with me. I rarely leave the house, and I'm ashamed to admit, but I'm a virgin. I hardly ever meet new people. Nobody seems interested in me anymore. I would never join a dating website. I'm not lonely, but some people around me are either happily married or in a relationship. I do not have any friends to hang out with. Perhaps, it is time to face the truth that'll I'll be forever single.
Coming from a 16 year old, it is not a weird thing to not have a girlfriend at this age because you're still young. Some people had their first girlfriends early some don't and its okay. Even if you want to have a girl, just be aware that first love are harder to deal with when it comes to break ups
l.eah2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm 18 and and have never been in a relationship, i've never even held hands with anyone. It didn't used to bother me but it seems like everyone I know is in, or has been in a relationship and I feel kinda embarrassed that I haven't been. I know there's no timeline for how you should be living your life and I know I shouldn't feel like I have to do something because everyone else is but I do feel a bit like the odd one out sometimes. I also totally get the dating website thing, they seem super scary. Hope everything turns out for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (135)
61.64%
I don't have everything I need (84)
38.36%

Watched Threads