Sam87
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi, I took my CIE A levels (Both AS and A2 papers) in the May/June session this year and scored a disappointing BCC (Physics = B, Maths = C, Economics = C & A in General Paper)

I wish to take all the papers again in the Oct/Nov session to improve my grades. I am satisfied with the B in Physics but I hope to pull my Maths to an A and my economics to a B or A if possible.

So here is my issue, this is a excerpt from the CIE handbook:

Route 4: Candidate enters for all A Level papers in the same session; wishes to have the result from either or both of a previous session considered for the A Level award. CIE will award the best possible grade.

Does this mean that no matter how I do for my papers when I retake, I am assured of a BCC grade at least because CIE awards the best possible grade?

I want to dedicate my study time to Maths and Econs and don't really wish to study for physics much as I'm satisfied with the B grade.

So my concern is just that even if don't do my Physics paper seriously when I retake, am i assured of the B grade?

Sorry for the lengthy post. Thanks for reading.
xinolisss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you use the correct code for your exam entries in June 2009 then yes
hafizasamath
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xinolisss)
If you use the correct code for your exam entries in June 2009 then yes
what do u mean by correct code?
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hafizasamath)
what do u mean by correct code?
This is a 7 year old post! :P

You should make a new thread or join one of the existing ones on CIE if you want to ask something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hafizasamath
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by *Stefan*)
This is a 7 year old post! :P

You should make a new thread or join one of the existing ones on CIE if you want to ask something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
but cant u answer it for me as youre here rn
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hafizasamath)
but cant u answer it for me as youre here rn
I don't know the answer mate, sorry. I suggest you ask people who have taken exams with CIE on the official thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (55)
60.44%
No (36)
39.56%

Watched Threads