Anyone received offers to study Law in 2021 at Oxford or London (UCL, KCL)?

Watch
ProfPukov
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I applied to study Law in 2021 at Oxford, UCL, KCL, Warwick, Nottingham. I recently received offers from Warwick and Nottingham (both AAA; I was particularly relieved to receive the offer from Nottingham because it requires LNAT, suggests I didn't do *too* badly!) Nothing yet though from UCL, KCL or Oxford (presumably at this stage it would be at best an invitation to interview for the latter). Has anyone yet received offers to study Law at either Oxford (or Cambridge), UCL or KCL? (Think I've seen that Queen Mary London have started sending out offers...?)
brandon1102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I don't think you receive offers from them so quickly. Oxford will shortlist interviewees this month, UCL and KCL probably gonna give their decisions next year. Good luck!
ProfPukov
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thanks for your reply! That's a disappointment (in the sense that the wait is going to be frustrating): I thought I'd read that UCL dealt with applications (tried to anyway) within a month and a half, six weeks. Also saw table showing that King's started sending out offers in November (in 2018, at any rate). Was hoping for clarity by December. Oh well, guess no substitute for patience. Thank you!
brandon1102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ProfPukov)
Thanks for your reply! That's a disappointment (in the sense that the wait is going to be frustrating): I thought I'd read that UCL dealt with applications (tried to anyway) within a month and a half, six weeks. Also saw table showing that King's started sending out offers in November (in 2018, at any rate). Was hoping for clarity by December. Oh well, guess no substitute for patience. Thank you!
Yea, we're definitely playing the waiting game. Good luck to you
HEWITTMAESTRO
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I applied to study Law in 2021 at Oxford, UCL, KCL, Warwick, Nottingham. I recently received offers from Warwick and Nottingham (both AAA; I was particularly relieved to receive the offer from Nottingham because it requires LNAT, suggests I didn't do *too* badly!) Nothing yet though from UCL, KCL or Oxford (presumably at this stage it would be at best an invitation to interview for the latter). Has anyone yet received offers to study Law at either Oxford (or Cambridge), UCL or KCL? (Think I've seen that Queen Mary London have started sending out offers...?)
I’m in the exact same boat. Applied to Oxford, UCL and Nottingham like yourself, and I’ve received an offer from Nottingham. Will probably be informed in the next week or two by Oxford in regards to interviews, although I can’t say I’m too hopeful lol. Is there anything you’re doing to prep for interview ?
az3rz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont think oxbridge send out offers at the same time necessarily but i got an interview from cambridge today
ProfPukov
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by az3rz)
I dont think oxbridge send out offers at the same time necessarily but i got an interview from cambridge today
Congratulations!!!
ProfPukov
Rep:
?
Congratulations!!!
(Original post by az3rz)
(And good luck, of course!)
az3rz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(And good luck, of course!)
Thank you Just a follow-up - anyone received any offers/rejections from UCL or KCL. I'm still waiting...
ProfPukov
Rep:
?
(Original post by HEWITTMAESTRO)
I’m in the exact same boat. Applied to Oxford, UCL and Nottingham like yourself, and I’ve received an offer from Nottingham. Will probably be informed in the next week or two by Oxford in regards to interviews, although I can’t say I’m too hopeful lol. Is there anything you’re doing to prep for interview ?
Nothing more than reading a general (Oxbridge) interview-prep book, and school is arranging a kind of "mock" interview next week (...Sorry for not replying sooner!)
ProfPukov
Rep:
?
(Original post by az3rz)
Thank you Just a follow-up - anyone received any offers/rejections from UCL or KCL. I'm still waiting...
Still waiting...
zyki
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys!! needed some help, i have applied to study law llb at UCL, King’s, Oxford, Warwick and York. I got an offer from york a while back but i got rejected from oxford today and it’s made me super anxious((

I have ib predicted 40 points including core and i’m hoping decent lnat, can anyone tell me if i stand a chance getting into ucl or king’s (as they’re my top choices)
az3rz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zyki)
Hey guys!! needed some help, i have applied to study law llb at UCL, King’s, Oxford, Warwick and York. I got an offer from york a while back but i got rejected from oxford today and it’s made me super anxious((

I have ib predicted 40 points including core and i’m hoping decent lnat, can anyone tell me if i stand a chance getting into ucl or king’s (as they’re my top choices)
It’s not just about predicteds... I’ve made peace w the fact that UCL KCL are sending offers out much later and I’m sitting tight. I reccomend we all do the same - gd luck
zyki
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by az3rz)
It’s not just about predicteds... I’ve made peace w the fact that UCL KCL are sending offers out much later and I’m sitting tight. I reccomend we all do the same - gd luck
Hello, thanks for replying. i’m aware that predicteds are not everything however as of now, they’re the only way i can somewhat ascertain my standing in these top unis. good luck on ur application as well!
teselya
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I’m still waiting to hear from Ucl, has anyone heard anything ?
az3rz
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by teselya)
I’m still waiting to hear from Ucl, has anyone heard anything ?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
teselya
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I can’t open the link
az3rz
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by teselya)
I can’t open the link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6473144

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6660584

spreadsheet with KCL/UCL offers is at the start of these threads
Last edited by az3rz; 1 day ago
teselya
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed