The Student Room Group

late sixthform application

i have grade 5 and 6s predicted for my GCSEs, but i need at least a 7 in the subjects i want to do for A level to get into the sixthform i want but i need to apply by December. My mocks are in January. is it possible to apply later or with my mock or actual GCSE grades?
Reply 1
You can always apply to sixth forms or colleges on results day if you'd like I'm pretty sure every school that I know of does that so don't worry about it too much if you don't have the predicted grades as it isn't the same as with A levels and university. All you have to do is collect your GCSE results, go to the school in person and apply although not sure how that would work with corona (edit: my bad I actually remember now you'd still be allowed to go in person to the school although anyone with you that isn't applying wouldn't be able to enter with you into the school but I'm a year 13 student). It doesn't even always have to be exactly on results day although I would definitely recommend it so you can get a place as soon as you can since it's a first come first serve, I applied around 5 days before school started managed to get a place at my sixth form the day before I had to go in.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending