This discussion is closed.
holly22xx
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can you apply to more than 1 access schemes eg can I apply to both access to Leeds and access to York?
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by holly22xx)
Can you apply to more than 1 access schemes eg can I apply to both access to Leeds and access to York?
University of York doesn't have an access scheme- if you are talking about the russel group one! They just give you the contextual offer via UCAS track.

I think you can apply to more than one access scheme. However, if you are applying to a particular university access scheme to get a lower offer be aware that you may have to firm them to get it.

Also, which course are you planning on applying to? I have received offers from both of these universities and plan on doing the access to leeds scheme.
Last edited by abbbbbb.; 1 year ago
holly22xx
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, York actually does have an access scheme I applied for it the other day

I’ve applied for biological sciences/biomedical science and I’ve also been accepted by Leeds and York so far!
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by holly22xx)
Hi, York actually does have an access scheme I applied for it the other day

I’ve applied for biological sciences/biomedical science and I’ve also been accepted by Leeds and York so far!
I’m applying to both York and Leeds too ! I’m waiting for my ucas to be sent off as my school takes ages with it for checks and I’ve already completed the A2Y one but I’m waiting for my referee to complete her part and I haven’t done the Leeds one yet ( filled it in but not sent off ) as again still waiting for my tutor to fill her part in 😪
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Fantasmia)
Hi, I'm sorry to hijack a two-month-old thread but I'm very desperate because I can't find info anywhere.

I'm a student from Ireland applying to UCAS, i'm really keen on Leeds and I meet 5/7 Access to Leeds criteria, but is this strictly UK students only? I ask because other ones like Sheffields don't restrict to just UK students. Technically I will be a home student because of the common education agreement and I'll be moving to UK for the foreseeable future for college...

Thank you and apologies again. I started a thread two months ago but it was never reviewed.
"You will be eligible for Access to Leeds if you are a UK student, you are studying the required level 3 qualifications (A-levels, BTECs or equivalent) for the course you’ve applied to and you meet two of the following criteria: [criteria listed]"

It says this on the website, so I don't think you are eligible right now? If you move to the UK though then you will? I don't know it's a weird one. I mean hey man there's no reason not to apply anyway, it wont hurt your UCAS if they reject the Access Scheme.
Fantasmia
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
"You will be eligible for Access to Leeds if you are a UK student, you are studying the required level 3 qualifications (A-levels, BTECs or equivalent) for the course you’ve applied to and you meet two of the following criteria: [criteria listed]"

It says this on the website, so I don't think you are eligible right now? If you move to the UK though then you will? I don't know it's a weird one. I mean hey man there's no reason not to apply anyway, it wont hurt your UCAS if they reject the Access Scheme.
Yeah, I was kinda confused. Because obviously, I'll be living there for college right? You're kinda bound to the country for 4 years, I won't be running off anyway!

I guess the wording of "equivalent" and "Be living permanently in the UK and be eligible to pay ‘Home’ rated fees" gave me a bit of hope, I mean I'll be both of those.. combined with the fact no other schemes I've come across seem to be UK exclusive. I don't know.

Thanks so much for replying, I appreciate it.
bubblyoongles
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Tashax2)
I’m applying to both York and Leeds too ! I’m waiting for my ucas to be sent off as my school takes ages with it for checks and I’ve already completed the A2Y one but I’m waiting for my referee to complete her part and I haven’t done the Leeds one yet ( filled it in but not sent off ) as again still waiting for my tutor to fill her part in 😪
Heyaa! I was wondering we need any exenuating circumstances to be eligible for the York Access Scheme of is just ethnicity enough?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (70)
12.7%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.63%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.77%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.99%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (268)
48.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.27%

Watched Threads