gabi.b.16
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My German teacher has given me 3 and a bit lesson to do learn a new subject and to know how to write a 28 mark question on it. Is this fair and is this a normal thing that German teachers do? may i also point out that she goes through the first two paragraphs of the answer in depth but hardly focuses on the last two.
summerberry19
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Our teacher gave us a 90 word essay a few weeks ago. It was 16 marks I think (but our exam board only does 90 word and 150 word essays)
If it’s part of your spec, I guess that’s ok. Do you feel like you haven’t gone through the topic enough?
gabi.b.16
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerberry19)
Our teacher gave us a 90 word essay a few weeks ago. It was 16 marks I think (but our exam board only does 90 word and 150 word essays)
If it’s part of your spec, I guess that’s ok. Do you feel like you haven’t gone through the topic enough?
she hardly goes through the stuff. all she does is give us a model and get us to copy it and to know by that. Most of us dont know what half the words areas she hasn't told us what they mean
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by gabi.b.16)
she hardly goes through the stuff. all she does is give us a model and get us to copy it and to know by that. Most of us dont know what half the words areas she hasn't told us what they mean
Aww I hate those types of teachers. They can’t be called teachers because they hardly teach. Perhaps you should talk to your MFL department or something. It’s not fair if you are not getting taught properly. Meanwhile, I would wholeheartedly recommend a YouTube channel called ‘Learn German with Anja!’. It’s really helped me with vocab + cases.

Ps. Which year are you in? I’m in year 10
gabi.b.16
Rep:
?
Aww I hate those types of teachers. They can’t be called teachers because they hardly teach. Perhaps you should talk to your MFL department or something. It’s not fair if you are not getting taught properly. Meanwhile, I would wholeheartedly recommend a YouTube channel called ‘Learn German with Anja!’. It’s really helped me with vocab + cases.

Ps. Which year are you in? I’m in year 10
I'm year 10 too. She ended giving us more time, so we have till Friday now and actually gave us some simplified structures to learn. and I will definitely check out that youtube, Thanks
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm year 10 too. She ended giving us more time, so we have till Friday now and actually gave us some simplified structures to learn. and I will definitely check out that youtube, Thanks
Aah that’s good to hear. Good luck
gabi.b.16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Aah that’s good to hear. Good luck
It ended up going good, I was able to look at my notes to help me. She still hasn't marked them yet so I am just waiting for fr the results.
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It ended up going good, I was able to look at my notes to help me. She still hasn't marked them yet so I am just waiting for fr the results.
Congrats! I’m sure you did amazing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.97%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (122)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.29%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.07%

Watched Threads