The Student Room Group

Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria

Has anyone got this? It’s very painful
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone got this? It’s very painful

I understand, and it must have been hard to post this in the first place, considering RSD keeps people from revealing their true hardships and struggles. Just know that you are not alone, it's a hard thing to live with, but help is possible. A problem I find sometimes is that I don't even want to get help, because that would mean opening up to someone, and its a very vulnerable position, especially for someone with RSD. But we have to look past our disorder and try to do the best for ourselves, and our well-being. How are you doing?
Reply 2
I understand, and it must have been hard to post this in the first place, considering RSD keeps people from revealing their true hardships and struggles. Just know that you are not alone, it's a hard thing to live with, but help is possible. A problem I find sometimes is that I don't even want to get help, because that would mean opening up to someone, and its a very vulnerable position, especially for someone with RSD. But we have to look past our disorder and try to do the best for ourselves, and our well-being. How are you doing?

Okay, just been struggling with it as of late
I have it severely, it badly impacts my life and my ability to form friendships and do things. I haven't had a proper real-life friendship for 2 years because mine is so severe. I'm hopefully going get therapy for it soon and start getting stuff together though! How are you coping with yours?
Okay, just been struggling with it as of late

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you had any luck with treatment/therapy? Its daunting but it can help majorly.
Reply 5
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you had any luck with treatment/therapy? Its daunting but it can help majorly.

I’m on the waiting list right now
What is it and how is it diagnosed?
Reply 7

People who typically have ADHD are the only people to get an official diagnosis so I believe, however it's probably linked to other disorders also.

Just to add onto what Anon #1 said, it's a condition wherein the sufferer has extreme emotional sensitivity to perceived or actual rejection. In some cases it can mimic symptoms of conditions like BPD, so it can be very severe. It's very common in people with ADHD but it's also linked to other things like autism and a few other mental health conditions.
Just to add onto what Anon #1 said, it's a condition wherein the sufferer has extreme emotional sensitivity to perceived or actual rejection. In some cases it can mimic symptoms of conditions like BPD, so it can be very severe. It's very common in people with ADHD but it's also linked to other things like autism and a few other mental health conditions.

People who typically have ADHD are the only people to get an official diagnosis so I believe, however it's probably linked to other disorders also.

I see. Thanks for explaining.
I’m on the waiting list right now

That's great to hear! I wish you all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest