The Student Room Group

Paraphrasing code

So I am an A-level student studying computer science and I have a rubbish teacher. As I haven't done GCSE computer science I have no idea how to code yet, and I am in the process of learning at the moment.

The teacher has just given a big project to work on using OOP (I haven't learnt yet) , and we have been given some sample projects. I still want to do the project, so would it be wrong if I make the same project as the sample, but paraphrase and change the code significantly, keeping the algorithm behind it is exactly the same. I won't copy the code verbatim.
Reply 1
I mean, surely it should be clear from the homework what you need to do? Personally, I don't think changing one or two lines of code sounds like a project assignment, but you've not actually told us what the assignment is either...

Object orientated programming (OOP) is a style of programming. It has four main corner stones - abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism. With this style, you will write code with these 4 ideas in your mind. The intention is that your codes will be cleaner, easier to maintain and possibly faster. There are other styles of programming such as "functional programming".
Reply 2
package pakete;

import java.util.Scanner;

public class NewClass {

public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner input = new Scanner (System.in);

String word;
String reverse = "";
System.out.print("Input a string = " );
word = input.nextLine();

for (int i = word.length()-1; i >=0; i--)
{

reverse = reverse + word.charAt (i) ;
}
System.out.println("Reversed string = " + reverse);
}
}
Reply 3
package pakete;

import java.util.Scanner;

public class NewClass {

public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner input = new Scanner (System.in);

String word;
String reverse = "";
System.out.print("Input a string = " );
word = input.nextLine();

for (int i = word.length()-1; i >=0; i--)
{

reverse = reverse + word.charAt (i) ;
}
System.out.println("Reversed string = " + reverse);
}
}
Reply 4
you don't need teacher to learn object oriented programming you can use youtube and there are tons of free sources, a lot of developers even don't go to university nowadays they learn theirselves.
Original post by cvgk
you don't need teacher to learn object oriented programming you can use youtube and there are tons of free sources, a lot of developers even don't go to university nowadays they learn theirselves.

Indians are good at this stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending