The Student Room Group

Are these considered soft A-level subjects?

I started year 11 in September and I am in the processes of writing my college applications. I would really appreciate some advice on what a levels would be considered most respected by universities.
-English literature
-Psychology (would this be more respected than philosophy or the other way around?)
-Philosophy
-Music technology (I have been told that this is a 'soft subject' but I really enjoy music and have been considering it for a couple of months. The facilities at the college are the best in the area for this subject as well.)

The college allows us to do 3 A-levels and I am just not sure which I should do.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Reply 1
Considered by whom? If there's a nationwide committee on the designation of hard and soft subjects I haven't heard of it.

Yes your subjects will be fine for universities, assuming you don't want to do a course that could require something else.
the most "respected" ones by unis are the ones which meet the entry requirements for the course you want to do - if you don't meet the entry requirements then instant rejection
Reply 3
I think that

Original post by stereotypeasian
the most "respected" ones by unis are the ones which meet the entry requirements for the course you want to do - if you don't meet the entry requirements then instant rejection

I think that the entry requirements for English lit degrees are just three a levels with English being one of them. Thank you for the response :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest