The Student Room Group

what should i look for in a guy

ive never dated before, so i am just curious as to what I should be looking for in a guy when i do start dating
thanks
Original post by Anonymous
ive never dated before, so i am just curious as to what I should be looking for in a guy when i do start dating
thanks

what you want in a guy
you are aiming way too low 🤣

we want at least a few 9's/A** and maybe 5 A* @ A levels
Definitely not Oxbridge! Has to be a Harvard Graduate
Expecting you to say Medicine/Medical Undergrad/Grad
Reply 4
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
what you want in a guy

id dont really know to be honest...
Oh of course not!
Reply 6
please can i get some serious responses
They must have a radiant personality, the kind that makes you feel good just by being around them, they must dress nicely and act like a gentleman. They should respect your boundaries and make you feel appreciated. Don't go for bad boys, or creeps or wastemen because they never are what you're looking for.
a penis will help verify that he is a guy
Original post by Anonymous
thanks

Look for someone that is compatible in:
how you resolve conflict
sexually compatible
attitude to earning and spending / saving money
number of children desired
basic approach to raising children

Also look for someone that can spend quality time with you in real life.

Don't worry about whether they love you back or not during the initial stages. Them loving you back becomes more important once you've gotten to the stage of having sex regularly. And if you're having sex regularly and the 2 of you are compatible in all those key areas, then it's almost certain they will love you back.

There's a lot of stuff that's unimportant when it comes to what you should be looking for. Because there are easy work-arounds to those issues. Things like taste in music, clothes, hobbies, career, TV etc.

And of course, during the initial stages you won't know if they are compatble with you or not in all the key areas. And that's all part of dating. Getting to know someone is an enjoyable process. Try to be ruthless over the key compatability areas. As soon as you discover they are incompatible, dump them and move on. Life is too short to spend it with someone with whom you have zero chance of a happy long term future. Not when they are so many guys out there with whom you could share a happy (enough) life.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Look for someone that is compatible in:
how you resolve conflict
sexually compatible
attitude to earning and spending / saving money
number of children desired
basic approach to raising children

Also look for someone that can spend quality time with you in real life.

Don't worry about whether they love you back or not during the initial stages. Them loving you back becomes more important once you've gotten to the stage of having sex regularly. And if you're having sex regularly and the 2 of you are compatible in all those key areas, then it's almost certain they will love you back.

There's a lot of stuff that's unimportant when it comes to what you should be looking for. Because there are easy work-arounds to those issues. Things like taste in music, clothes, hobbies, career, TV etc.

And of course, during the initial stages you won't know if they are compatble with you or not in all the key areas. And that's all part of dating. Getting to know someone is an enjoyable process. Try to be ruthless over the key compatability areas. As soon as you discover they are incompatible, dump them and move on. Life is too short to spend it with someone with whom you have zero chance of a happy long term future. Not when they are so many guys out there with whom you could share a happy (enough) life.

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending