The Student Room Group

A Level Exam Prices?

I'm in my late 20's and looking to sit A Level maths (pearson) in June 2021.

I've contacted my old school and they said I can sit the exam there if I pay all the fees.

£138 (including admin fees) roughly, but might be a little bit more.

Looking at the pearson website, this seems about right

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Fees-for-academic-and-vocational-qualifications/pearson-general-qualifications-fees-2019-20.pdf

My question is, does this fee cover all three exam papers or is it per paper / module?

Thanks
Original post by iDeano
I'm in my late 20's and looking to sit A Level maths (pearson) in June 2021.

I've contacted my old school and they said I can sit the exam there if I pay all the fees.

£138 (including admin fees) roughly, but might be a little bit more.

Looking at the pearson website, this seems about right

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Fees-for-academic-and-vocational-qualifications/pearson-general-qualifications-fees-2019-20.pdf

My question is, does this fee cover all three exam papers or is it per paper / module?

Thanks

I took some A levels in 2019 as a private candidate, using private exam centres. They were charging £100 per written paper. You'd have to check with the school to be certain but I would expect the school to be less expensive than the private exam centres.
Reply 2
There are no modules that can be taken separately any more, The centre can only enter you for the whole A level or nothing so it makes no sense to quote a price for anything other than the full A level.

Edit: That's a bargain price so accept it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Compost
There are no modules that can be taken separately any more, The centre can only enter you for the whole A level or nothing so it makes no sense to quote a price for anything other than the full A level.

Does that mean i cant take AS maths exam,at an exam centre
Original post by Compost

Does that mean I can't take AS maths exam, at an exam center
Reply 5
Original post by Tis -John637
Does that mean I can't take AS maths exam, at an exam center

AS is a separate qualification. It covers the first half of the A level specification but taking it is not necessary before taking the A level and how you do on it does not directly affect your A level grade (as this is based purely on the 3 A level exams).
Original post by Compost
There are no modules that can be taken separately any more, The centre can only enter you for the whole A level or nothing so it makes no sense to quote a price for anything other than the full A level

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest