MJA2802
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I’m leaving 8 weeks for mock revision, due to my unusual work ethic and revision style I tend to leave revision not last minute, but not early and tend to do around 40hours a week this is not including breaks, 40 hours pure revision, this would total out at around 320 hours meaning 100 hours revision per subject for mocks give or take. Would this be enough for mocks for all A* also considering mocks aren’t on all the content aswell. I also adopt this for my a level proper revision which I intent on starting 15th Feb after 4 weeks of note taking which I don’t count as revision, I then intend on doing around 45 hours from then on until June exams this totals at around 800 hours so around 250 hours per subject give all take, I’m not including mock revision in this final figure as I would of forgotten it so separate to mock revision would 250 hours per subject also be sufficient for all A* for the actual exams. Sorry for the long post just worried as everyone around me has started revising and it’s hard to try and stay level headed as I know what works for me but I have to leave it later which worries me that I’m not going to get the grades

0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The number of hours you spend is only guidance. You should just start now, do a small but manageable study (30 minutes) and slowly build it up from there every day, determining how long you can revise for before you need breaks and how effective you are.

By the way, you may end up burning yourself out here. You may get away with doing one or two weeks of 40 hours of revision, but you may struggle to maintain that sort of effort. What is really important is the quality of the revision and not necessarily the time spent.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Be wise.
__DC
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's not about the hours. It's about how you use them.
hmevey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi if you are looking for tried and tested GCSE/A-Level revision documents check out https://www.stuvia.co.uk/user/hiwan?page=2, I have a lot of documents i used through my exams posted for quite cheap and they're very clear and concise and will be a great tool to help you revise!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
58.82%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (1)
5.88%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (2)
11.76%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
5.88%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
17.65%

Watched Threads