Parisrsxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi everyone

I am hoping to study accounting and finance (or any variant on that course eg economics and finance, accounting and financial management) at uni in 2021.

I am fairly certain I want to apply to LSE, kings and Bristol

For my fourth and fifth choice I am considering:
Manchester, Durham, Warwick, Leeds, City London, bath, Exeter, Loughborough and Nottingham

If anyone has any experiences with these unis, any advice , or just wants to chat about the process I’d really appreciate it
lnem
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
here are some other places:
Harvard University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Stanford University

dont know if these will help
Parisrsxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by lnem)
here are some other places:
Harvard University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Stanford University

dont know if these will help
Thanks for the suggestions but I’d like to stay in the UK, preferably as close to London as possible
username5324910
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hey man...I really suggest you to apply to Warwick and keep it as one of your top priorities as warwick is an absolutely beautiful uni with sooo many opportunities...in some cases I feel it's even better than LSE...so I suggest your 5 choices you should consider should be:
1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. Exeter
4. Loughborough
5. Nottingham/Manchester

All these unis are accredited with the various accounting bodies and receive massive paper exceptions from professional papers... personally I wouldn't suggest u not to consider Bristol as it doesnt seem to hit me as a good accounting based uni whereas unis liek warwick are renowned for their huge investments and opportunities in their business school, moreover Durham, city London and Leeds also doesn't hit me as a good uni specifically for accounting and finance I just don't get that vibe when I visit their webpages however you myt try considering bath too as it comes as a top uni in accounting and finance and also provides students with many opportunities
all the best!
Last edited by username5324910; 10 months ago
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Parisrsxx)
Hi everyone

I am hoping to study accounting and finance (or any variant on that course eg economics and finance, accounting and financial management) at uni in 2021.

I am fairly certain I want to apply to LSE, kings and Bristol

For my fourth and fifth choice I am considering:
Manchester, Durham, Warwick, Leeds, City London, bath, Exeter, Loughborough and Nottingham

If anyone has any experiences with these unis, any advice , or just wants to chat about the process I’d really appreciate it
Hi Parisrsxx,

I don't know if you were able to attend our recent virtual open day but the pages are still live and so you may want to check out the presentations for the various courses to help you make your decision. If you would like to chat live with our academic staff and students, you can register for our next virtual open day, due to take place on Saturday 28 November.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes
Bindu
lnem
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Parisrsxx)
Thanks for the suggestions but I’d like to stay in the UK, preferably as close to London as possible
that's okay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.28%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
13.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (9)
14.75%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
11.48%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
40.98%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
16.39%

Watched Threads