The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships 2021 application thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluffymoffin
Hi, I applied for a Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship and was accepted recently. Im starting soon and I'm not quite sure what to expect. I know I will be working full time and given one day a week for study through virtual live lessons.

Congratulations on being accepted for your apprenticeship! That's great news :smile:
Hi @StrawberryDreams! :wavey: (been a long time, hope you're okay :hugs:)

I've applied through UCAS for universities, but am in the process of applying for a couple solicitor apprenticeships in London. They're pretty competitive but I'm giving it a shot anyway, and hopefully if I get offers I'll compare it to uni offers that I have and go from there.

It's been a rough year, so any opportunity is a good opportunity right now! :redface:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Hi @StrawberryDreams! :wavey: (been a long time, hope you're okay :hugs:)

I've applied through UCAS for universities, but am in the process of applying for a couple solicitor apprenticeships in London. They're pretty competitive but I'm giving it a shot anyway, and hopefully if I get offers I'll compare it to uni offers that I have and go from there.

It's been a rough year, so any opportunity is a good opportunity right now! :redface:

Razz! :hugs:

That sounds like a really great idea - covering both options and keeping things open right now is very smart. I wish you the absolute best of luck with both the uni offers and the apprenticeships!

Make sure to look after yourself, uni applications plus apprenticeship applications must be stressful so take care :smile:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Congratulations on being accepted for your apprenticeship! That's great news :smile:

Thank you !!
I'm preparing to apply for an apprenticeship as a Software Developer Engineer at Amazon. :smile:
Anyone who has experience with this I'll love to hear some insights.
Thanks!
Openreach is currently recruiting for Service Support Apprenticeships. The role is office based (from either Leeds, Birmingham or Glasgow) and provides great customer service support from a range of business functions to our team of engineers.A great opportunity at a great company with excellent career progression
Hi, I have got an offer on a digital and technology solutions apprenticeship and was wondering if there were group chats where I could talk with people in a similar position?All my friends at school that are going to uni have joined course group chats on snapchat etc and I was thinking there must be something similar for apprentices.
I'm actually a career changer applying to Software Engineering apprenticeships. I've applied to Sky, Softwire and Elsevier (Makers apprenticeship) - all London. And I'm going to apply to ARM Cambridge as well. ARM would be amazing with the mix of coding, electronics and machine learning, but it would be difficult to pick up and move with a settles life in London and a little one.

Elsevier via Makers Academy - I've gotten through to the final assessment day, but it won't happen until July/August, which sucks because it's my first choice and I don't know that I could turn down and offer from the others if I got one before the assessment day, even with a 50% chance of an offer from them (Makers sends them 20 applicants for 10 spaces).

Sky - I just completed the video interview assessment, so I'm not waiting to hear back if I'll be invited to the assessment day. They've been on the slow side - a month between the assessment invites.

Softwire - Passed the aptitude and coding tests. I have an informal non-technical interview via Teams book for the 26th. If I pass that, then I'll be invited to a longer technical interview.

ARM - Hope to get my CV out by Friday. Still working on my cover letter.
Reply 28
mechanical engineering
Reply 29
Hey guys! I have finished year 13 and will be doing an apprenticeship starting in October. I am running a 6 day course with guidance and tips on how to get offers from apprenticeships (from how to make your CV impressive to online tests and interview prep). I have been successful in getting apprenticeship offers from three top companies and so I know what the tricks are to make sure you can secure an apprenticeship. If you would be interested to join this course and/or want more info or help then feel free to send me a private message!
Reply 30
I'm looking for apprenticeship for music instrument repair. Anyone know of such opportunities ? Thks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending