Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
is london met uni a bad or good uni? and why?
is roehampton uni a bad or good uni? and why?
which one is best for primary education course? which uni is better?
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For education Roehampton and it's not even close.

Roehampton was a teacher training college since forever. They teach some other weird courses there, but if you want to do teaching, it's totally cool.

London Met has a long and chequered history of being one of the worst universities in the country and also employing convicted terrorists on to the academic staff. I think it has it's origins in a rubber factory or something, and it's the place where Jeremy Corbyn failed to get a degree, so that should tell you all you need to know.

London Met is on the Holloway Road in London, right in front of the Arsenal Emirates stadium. The area ranges from very trendy to extremely sketchy in the space of 50 metres. I wouldn't rate your chances of finding reasonably priced accomodation that isn't absolutely awful.

Roehampton is super suburbia. Don't be under any illusions that it's in Central London- it isn't. It's in Putney and public transport, like much of South London is inconvenient at the very best (by London standards). In terms of safety, it might as well be on one of Jupiter's moons compared to Holloway Road. It's a very quiet middle class area, and your biggest concern will be being run over by a yummy mummy in a Range Rover.
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I am a student at London Metropolitan University. Honestly, I can see your concerns and they are definitely valid as I had similar concerns before I joined too. I want to reassure you that London Met's reputation or whatever you have heard or read will not disadvantage you in the future in any shape or form. you want to focus on walking out of London met with a good quality degree and a good class.
The course is of great quality as it has a 92% student satisfaction rate in the national survey of 2020. Primary Education students said they had access to resources and facilities that supported their learning. Another great thing about the course is that it is a full honours degree and is accelerated degree, therefore it will only take you two years to complete. employers will be more focused on what you've gained from the degree and what grade you have achieved in it at the end rather than where you went.
London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. if you want to find out more info about the course e.g. entry requirements, module breakdowns etc. I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage on the London Met website.
I hope this reassures you and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Trinculo)
For education Roehampton and it's not even close.

Roehampton was a teacher training college since forever. They teach some other weird courses there, but if you want to do teaching, it's totally cool.

London Met has a long and chequered history of being one of the worst universities in the country and also employing convicted terrorists on to the academic staff. I think it has it's origins in a rubber factory or something, and it's the place where Jeremy Corbyn failed to get a degree, so that should tell you all you need to know.

London Met is on the Holloway Road in London, right in front of the Arsenal Emirates stadium. The area ranges from very trendy to extremely sketchy in the space of 50 metres. I wouldn't rate your chances of finding reasonably priced accomodation that isn't absolutely awful.

Roehampton is super suburbia. Don't be under any illusions that it's in Central London- it isn't. It's in Putney and public transport, like much of South London is inconvenient at the very best (by London standards). In terms of safety, it might as well be on one of Jupiter's moons compared to Holloway Road. It's a very quiet middle class area, and your biggest concern will be being run over by a yummy mummy in a Range Rover
thank you , i know where roehampton uni is, i live a few minutes away from the uni. my parents really want me to go there cuz its close to home. london met is the uni i really want to go, for my course, but now i think i should reconsider.

i was wondering if you could recommend me some other good uni's that have my course (primary education) and that is also close to roehampton .

thank you
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank you , i know where roehampton uni is, i live a few minutes away from the uni. my parents really want me to go there cuz its close to home. london met is the uni i really want to go, for my course, but now i think i should reconsider.

i was wondering if you could recommend me some other good uni's that have my course (primary education) and that is also close to roehampton .

thank you
The obvious candidates would be UCL (IoE), which is easier to get to than London Met, and one of the foremost teacher training schools in the country; and Royal Holloway - although I don't know what your commute would be like.
Anonymous #1
Hi , I'm still in my first year of 6th form. but hearing that you going to London met uni , I want to ask a few questions, so how would you describe the teachers and students there? , are you still studying at London met? how about your experiences? do you know anyone that is taking the course primary education? please can you ask them for feedback and if the course is a good course to study. is the uni helpful when students need help and are struggling? do they have any clubs and societies, if so then what are they?

That's all the questions i have for now., but thank you soo much for replying and helping me out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by f.ga010301)
Hey, I am a student at London Metropolitan University. Honestly, I can see your concerns and they are definitely valid as I had similar concerns before I joined too. I want to reassure you that London Met's reputation or whatever you have heard or read will not disadvantage you in the future in any shape or form. you want to focus on walking out of London met with a good quality degree and a good class.
The course is of great quality as it has a 92% student satisfaction rate in the national survey of 2020. Primary Education students said they had access to resources and facilities that supported their learning. Another great thing about the course is that it is a full honours degree and is accelerated degree, therefore it will only take you two years to complete. employers will be more focused on what you've gained from the degree and what grade you have achieved in it at the end rather than where you went.
London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. if you want to find out more info about the course e.g. entry requirements, module breakdowns etc. I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage on the London Met website.
I hope this reassures you and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Hi , I'm still in my first year of 6th form. but hearing that you going to London met uni , I want to ask a few questions, so how would you describe the teachers and students there? , are you still studying at London met? how about your experiences? do you know anyone that is taking the course primary education? please can you ask them for feedback and if the course is a good course to study. is the uni helpful when students need help and are struggling? do they have any clubs and societies, if so then what are they?

That's all the questions i have for now., but thank you soo much for replying and helping me out
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

That's all the questions i have for now., but thank you soo much for replying and helping me out
Hey, of course, I'll answer your questions!
The lecturers and students are amazing. they are very friendly and always looking for ways to help you out with your studies. The lecturers are always easy to find on-campus and easy to reach out to via email. they respond relatively quickly which is exactly what you need when you need a quick response. The older students make themselves known and actively reach out to you during or outside lectures to check up on you. if you find teachers quite daunting to talk to older students are a great alternative. they can see things from a student's perspective and always have great feedback.
yes, I am still studying at London met. I finished my foundation year and started the first year of the biomedical science course in Sept this year. my experience has honestly been a pleasant surprise. I finished off in sixth form and went straight to uni and I always had this idea that uni was a very scary place and no one would be willing to help you and you would be left your own device and I couldn't have been more wrong! everyone is so friendly and willing to help and see you succeed and it's great. it makes studying for a degree slightly easier when you know you have a lot of great support around you.
unfortunately, I do not personally know anyone doing the primary education course however, I would definitely suggest checking out some of our upcoming undergraduate virtual open days and live chats. this is a great way to meet people who are on the course and you will be able to ask all the questions you have about the course and get answers right there and then. just follow this link to see the upcoming open days you can join - https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/events/u...ate-open-days/
the university has LOTS of clubs and societies. some examples are, boxing, dance, gaming society, and there are so many more I couldn't possibly name them all haha. we have the London Met Student Union which organizes the events and you can see all the different clubs we have if you just visit the London Met SU website.
I hope I have answered all your questions and if you have anymore please so ask. good luck with your future plans!
Anonymous #1
Hey, of course, I'll answer your questions!
The lecturers and students are amazing. they are very friendly and always looking for ways to help you out with your studies. The lecturers are always easy to find on-campus and easy to reach out to via email. they respond relatively quickly which is exactly what you need when you need a quick response. The older students make themselves known and actively reach out to you during or outside lectures to check up on you. if you find teachers quite daunting to talk to older students are a great alternative. they can see things from a student's perspective and always have great feedback.
yes, I am still studying at London met. I finished my foundation year and started the first year of the biomedical science course in Sept this year. my experience has honestly been a pleasant surprise. I finished off in sixth form and went straight to uni and I always had this idea that uni was a very scary place and no one would be willing to help you and you would be left your own device and I couldn't have been more wrong! everyone is so friendly and willing to help and see you succeed and it's great. it makes studying for a degree slightly easier when you know you have a lot of great support around you.
unfortunately, I do not personally know anyone doing the primary education course however, I would definitely suggest checking out some of our upcoming undergraduate virtual open days and live chats. this is a great way to meet people who are on the course and you will be able to ask all the questions you have about the course and get answers right there and then. just follow this link to see the upcoming open days you can join - https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/events/u...ate-open-days/
the university has LOTS of clubs and societies. some examples are, boxing, dance, gaming society, and there are so many more I couldn't possibly name them all haha. we have the London Met Student Union which organizes the events and you can see all the different clubs we have if you just visit the London Met SU website.
I hope I have answered all your questions and if you have anymore please so ask. good luck with your future plans!
Hi there, i really appreciate that you were able to answer all my questions and cleared all my doubts about the uni. Just to clear everthing up, im still in my 1st year of 6th form , i just decided to research about uni's and courses. and London met really interested me and that's my 1st choice, and then i read alot of bad reviews about the uni, but you cleared everthing up for me .
so thank you very much

And I wish you all the best for the future too!
sharonazams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just transferred from londonmet to roehampton and it was the best decision of my life, roehampton literally feels like a dream its so perfect, like something out of a movie (and I think its literally known for its Primary Education course)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sharonazams)
I just transferred from londonmet to roehampton and it was the best decision of my life, roehampton literally feels like a dream its so perfect, like something out of a movie (and I think its literally known for its Primary Education course)
hi , I read your comment and wanted to know about your experience in londonmet , how the students and teachers were, the lectures, the environment and everything else you experienced. thank you
cryingchild
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
did they pay u?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
hi , I read your comment and wanted to know about your experience in londonmet , how the students and teachers were, the lectures, the environment and everything else you experienced. thank you
hey no problem! overall the people were nice, I was able to make some really lovely friends (although a good chunk of the people there were kind of dossers that took the piss or mature students, so if you're quite young and wanted to be surrounded by a lot more young people I'd say roehampton is better in this area too.) the teachers were...not the best. I had a handful of really good lecturers that you could tell were genuinely passionate about the course content and enjoyed teaching, but the majority of the others were either completely disinterested in the modules they taught and had no interest in the course beyond what was required of them (and so, wouldn't answer questions or make the class engaging) OR they were just kind of unqualified. The actual course content is so-so - again it depends on who ends up teaching you - but I don't think you should be taking that risk while paying 9k for fees lol. I actually think the environment was pretty good (probably because dossers know how to make anything fun lol) - they have a student bar, and pool tables etc in the SU which was fairly nice, they would also try to hold events throughout the year and there are a couple of societies that you could join. So pretty okay! I'm not sure if this is something to mention but the uni itself already has a pretty bad reputation, and I know that that shouldn't matter because "if you get good grades you'll succeed". But I've already experienced first-hand people's biases against londonmet (some uni's refused to allow me to transfer just because I was coming from londonmet - even though I completed my first year with an overall 79% 1:1 in my modules!). So there is also the concern for future job opportunities favouring someone coming from a different university rather than londonmet. I adore roehampton and feel like anybody who has the opportunity to go there should, because it's been so amazing so far. That being said - I also am pretty sure than anywhere would be better than londonmet. So even if you decide that roehampton isn't for you - I would still suggest going somewhere that just ISN't londmet. I hope this has helped! Pray about it if you're still unsure
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hey no problem! overall the people were nice, I was able to make some really lovely friends (although a good chunk of the people there were kind of dossers that took the piss or mature students, so if you're quite young and wanted to be surrounded by a lot more young people I'd say roehampton is better in this area too.) the teachers were...not the best. I had a handful of really good lecturers that you could tell were genuinely passionate about the course content and enjoyed teaching, but the majority of the others were either completely disinterested in the modules they taught and had no interest in the course beyond what was required of them (and so, wouldn't answer questions or make the class engaging) OR they were just kind of unqualified. The actual course content is so-so - again it depends on who ends up teaching you - but I don't think you should be taking that risk while paying 9k for fees lol. I actually think the environment was pretty good (probably because dossers know how to make anything fun lol) - they have a student bar, and pool tables etc in the SU which was fairly nice, they would also try to hold events throughout the year and there are a couple of societies that you could join. So pretty okay! I'm not sure if this is something to mention but the uni itself already has a pretty bad reputation, and I know that that shouldn't matter because "if you get good grades you'll succeed". But I've already experienced first-hand people's biases against londonmet (some uni's refused to allow me to transfer just because I was coming from londonmet - even though I completed my first year with an overall 79% 1:1 in my modules!). So there is also the concern for future job opportunities favouring someone coming from a different university rather than londonmet. I adore roehampton and feel like anybody who has the opportunity to go there should, because it's been so amazing so far. That being said - I also am pretty sure than anywhere would be better than londonmet. So even if you decide that roehampton isn't for you - I would still suggest going somewhere that just ISN't londmet. I hope this has helped! Pray about it if you're still unsure
Thanks for responding, I was hoping if you could also tell about Roehampton uni, your experiences, the teachers and anything else that's worth mentioning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (94)
64.38%
I don't have everything I need (52)
35.62%

Watched Threads