The Student Room Group

Fiat 500 Running Lights Warning Message

Hello everyone,
I have got Fiat 500 X; I have a yellow light on dashboard when I searched for the solution I came across this blog claiming that it’s a `check daytime running lights and parking lights` issue. Upon checking I found that one of the bulbs on the daytime lights seems to have gone.
I am not sure if I should take my car to Fiat Showroom or just simple light replacement will work. Any help will be highly appreciated.

https://xenons4u.co.uk/blog/fiat-500-500c-500x-check-running-lights-warning-message-explained/
Reply 1
Original post by jhonmatheew17
Hello everyone,
I have got Fiat 500 X; I have a yellow light on dashboard when I searched for the solution I came across this blog claiming that it’s a `check daytime running lights and parking lights` issue. Upon checking I found that one of the bulbs on the daytime lights seems to have gone.
I am not sure if I should take my car to Fiat Showroom or just simple light replacement will work. Any help will be highly appreciated.

https://xenons4u.co.uk/blog/fiat-500-500c-500x-check-running-lights-warning-message-explained/

What type of DRLs?
Reply 2
When you look at the light produced from the bulbs outside the car, is it yellowy (like old car headlights) or bright white?

If it's yellowy then it's a standard bulb replacement. You access the DRLs through the wheel arch on those 500Xs - I hope you have small hands! If it's the passenger side, steer all the way to the right. Vice-versa for drivers side. This will reveal a little plastic door you can remove. I think it's just clipped in. Once that's open you can wedge your hand in there and remove the bulb to change it.
Original post by Nuffles
When you look at the light produced from the bulbs outside the car, is it yellowy (like old car headlights) or bright white?

If it's yellowy then it's a standard bulb replacement. You access the DRLs through the wheel arch on those 500Xs - I hope you have small hands! If it's the passenger side, steer all the way to the right. Vice-versa for drivers side. This will reveal a little plastic door you can remove. I think it's just clipped in. Once that's open you can wedge your hand in there and remove the bulb to change it.

Thank you so much for your reply. It is yellowy and as you said I need to replace the bulb could you please share some pictures of the wheel arch where that little plastic door found so that I can replace the bulb.
Reply 4
Original post by jhonmatheew17
Thank you so much for your reply. It is yellowy and as you said I need to replace the bulb could you please share some pictures of the wheel arch where that little plastic door found so that I can replace the bulb.

Here's a video which goes through it. My memory failed me - there are a couple of plastic clips which hold the door in. They're not too difficult to remove with basic tools as shown in the video though. I didn't listen to the sound but he jacks the car up for some reason, I think he removes the wheel. That is not necessary. You can do it with the car on the ground - just steer the front wheels until they're least in the way. I'm 6ft3 with big hands and I changed them without removing the wheel - it may take you a while if you're not used to swearing at cars as you're trying to fix them! It helps if you look at the bulb through the lens on the outside with your hand inside - makes it easier to work out where you need to put your fingers, especially when reinstalling the bulb holder.

Good luck! Look up some other how-tos on YouTube if you want different views on how to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest