UNI Course Help - Criminology and Psychology OR Law

Watch
Keri00Summers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I am kinda confused on which one i want to do.
I have been told Law is harder than the other one while Law has better jobs and pay than the other one.
I don't want to make the wrong choice - I also do btec health and social care so it would be difficult to find unis within London.

Which one do you think I should do and why???
Please let me know asap
renaamz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The difficulty of the degree will depend on your own interests and abilities. If you do a degree that you enjoy you are more likely to find it easier. The same goes for the jobs, I wouldn't necessarily say one will be better than the other because it depends what you want to do, both are very competitive and your chance of getting a job will depend on you, which will be much easier if you are ambitious and enjoy that subject
If you choose to do the Psychology and degree then make sure it is accredited or else it isn't worth it.
Also you could also do the Psychology and Criminology degree and then do a 1 year conversion course to law if you are very unsure or take a gap year to figure it out but obviously that is an extra year.

Nobody can tell you what to do, you need to do what you want.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions I'm in first year of studying Psychology with Criminology (I might not be super helpful because I'm only a first year but feel free to message me). I was stuck between lay and psych with crim too.
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
(Original post by renaamz)
The difficulty of the degree will depend on your own interests and abilities. If you do a degree that you enjoy you are more likely to find it easier. The same goes for the jobs, I wouldn't necessarily say one will be better than the other because it depends what you want to do, both are very competitive and your chance of getting a job will depend on you, which will be much easier if you are ambitious and enjoy that subject
If you choose to do the Psychology and degree then make sure it is accredited or else it isn't worth it.
Also you could also do the Psychology and Criminology degree and then do a 1 year conversion course to law if you are very unsure or take a gap year to figure it out but obviously that is an extra year.

Nobody can tell you what to do, you need to do what you want.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions I'm in first year of studying Psychology with Criminology (I might not be super helpful because I'm only a first year but feel free to message me). I was stuck between lay and psych with crim too.
So I can do a conversion course after the psychology and criminology degree then that's it

What are you doing? Are you going to do a conversion course or not?
renaamz
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
So I can do a conversion course after the psychology and criminology degree then that's it

What are you doing? Are you going to do a conversion course or not?
I don't think I will do a conversion course because I don't think that is what I want to do but yeah after the 3 year degree you can do an extra year to do a law conversion course to get the law degree. Maybe try researching it a bit to see if it is something you would want to do to make sure
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
I don't think I will do a conversion course because I don't think that is what I want to do but yeah after the 3 year degree you can do an extra year to do a law conversion course to get the law degree. Maybe try researching it a bit to see if it is something you would want to do to make sure
I think I made up my mind - Law is gonna take forever and a lot of money

I'm just going to do criminology and psychology for my undergraduate degree then for postgraduate i might do forensic psychology

Thanks for helping me - Also what's the course like? Do you enjoy it?
renaamz
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think I made up my mind - Law is gonna take forever and a lot of money

I'm just going to do criminology and psychology for my undergraduate degree then for postgraduate i might do forensic psychology

Thanks for helping me - Also what's the course like? Do you enjoy it?
Yeah, I'm loving it at the moment, finding it really interesting. I did psychology A level and there's a lot of cross over from there in the first term. Criminology has been a little more challenging because I hadn't done it before so I was struggling a bit mostly the history and law (so I'm kinda glad I personally didn't do law) but I've managed to keep up now and I'm really enjoying it.
I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet but forensic psychology is something I've looked at quite a bit too
What universities have you looked at?
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
Yeah, I'm loving it at the moment, finding it really interesting. I did psychology A level and there's a lot of cross over from there in the first term. Criminology has been a little more challenging because I hadn't done it before so I was struggling a bit mostly the history and law (so I'm kinda glad I personally didn't do law) but I've managed to keep up now and I'm really enjoying it.
I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet but forensic psychology is something I've looked at quite a bit too
What universities have you looked at?
Criminology and Psychology
City, university of london
University of Westminister
Middlesex
University of Buckinghamshire
University of west london
renaamz
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Criminology and Psychology
City, university of london
University of Westminister
Middlesex
University of Buckinghamshire
University of west london
Ahh nice, well good luck!
Arden University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there,

I am currently doing a Criminology and Psychology degree and am in my third year. With the criminology modules that I undertake, you do get a lot of information in regards to the laws and justices of this country, probably just not to the extent of law. It is more focused on how we use the laws that we do in society. It really does depend on what you would be more interested in. Doing a criminology and psychology degree could be beneficial for you if you were wanting to go into law as it would give you more of a social aspect of the laws - you may understand it from a different perspective if you were to then do a conversion course in Law.

We actually offer a Criminology and Law degree that you may be interested in as this gives you both of those areas you seem most interested in.
Here's the link:
https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/dist...riminology-law

Toni,
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (191)
57.88%
I don't have everything I need (139)
42.12%

Watched Threads