James Rahman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
for AQA psy, in bio psychology, do i need to know what The menstrual cycle is? under 'Biological rhythms: Infradian & ultradian rhythms'.
Its not directly mentioned on the spec. Thanks!
Totalgeek2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I do AQA too and funnily enough, just covered this topic today. It doesn't go further than the basic hormones that build up the menstrual cycles but you have to explicitly state that the infradian rhythm is less than once a day (menstrual cycle)
These are my notes of it along with the key study (from simply psychology and the pink hair textbook if ykyk)

Hope that helps x
Attached files
James Rahman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Totalgeek2003)
I do AQA too and funnily enough, just covered this topic today. It doesn't go further than the basic hormones that build up the menstrual cycles but you have to explicitly state that the infradian rhythm is less than once a day (menstrual cycle)
These are my notes of it along with the key study (from simply psychology and the pink hair textbook if ykyk)

Hope that helps x
Cheers, thanks very much
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Strange that we all seem to be on the same page here. I covered this yesterday in my lesson.

My teacher said that it was unlikely we'd be asked a question on it, and as I understand it's more just to illustrate what is meant by an infradian rhythm. He's quite high up in the ranks of the examiners and he's had a hand in writing some of the textbooks and revision guides, so I tend to trust him on this.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
unlikely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads