The Student Room Group

Allegation of Academic Misconduct

I have received an email and replied to them with a statement of denial what are the next steps. I have read the email and it states the following

If you accept the allegation of academic misconduct, then the following penalty as indicated by Appendix SC06 -Academic Misconduct Penalties will be applied:
the component will be awarded mark of 0% (fail).
You will receive confirmation of the penalty applied normally within 5 working days of your acceptance of the allegation.
An exam board would make a decision on the way forward. One possible option would be to allow you to resit this assessment, with a capped mark of 40%. However, only an exam board can determine the way forward.

what I'm confused about is that it says both 0% fail and also mentions the 40% cap. so which one would I get?
Reply 1
You'd get 0 for this sit and then the board decide what to do with you. If they allow a resit, you'd have said resit, should you pass it, capped at 40%
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
You'd get 0 for this sit and then the board decide what to do with you. If they allow a resit, you'd have said resit, should you pass it, capped at 40%

Thank you.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you.

Best of luck. I hope it pans out for you.
Hey
How did it go, I'm in a similar position and I'm worried they might not let me resit afyer giving me 0 that would mean I failed the year and the course. Please let me me know.
Reply 5
Hey
How did it go, I'm in a similar position and I'm worried they might not let me resit afyer giving me 0 that would mean I failed the year and the course. Please let me me know.

Hi i ended up with a formal warning and my mark ended up being capped at 40%. Luckily they gave me the 40%. I have since graduated with a 2.2 so hopefully it will work out for you
Hi i ended up with a formal warning and my mark ended up being capped at 40%. Luckily they gave me the 40%. I have since graduated with a 2.2 so hopefully it will work out for you

Oh thays good to hear congratulations. Thanks hopefully I honestly will be happy with a capped grade

Quick Reply

Latest