Nh1092
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone, I've just received my offer for Durham Law!!! Has anyone else revieced their offer for law from Durham? What are the terms? Which college? Would love to hear from others who have recieved an offer, I'm definitely thinking of firming. I applied for South College, and my offer is AAB if I firm.
Last edited by Nh1092; 2 months ago
kc2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i received an offer too AAB if firmed, where else have you applied to
MissAQA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by kc2020)
How are your offers so low? My daughter had an offer of A*AA, did you take part in a scheme to get such an offer?
MissAQA
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Nh1092)
Hi everyone, I've just received my offer for Durham Law!!! Has anyone else revieced their offer for law from Durham? What are the terms? Which college? Would love to hear from others who have revieced an offer, I'm definitely thinking of firming. I applied for South College, and my offer is AAB if I firm.
Hi, congratulations on your offer! Can I ask did you take part in a scheme as that offer seems quite low for Durham?
kc2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MissAQA)
How are your offers so low? My daughter had an offer of A*AA, did you take part in a scheme to get such an offer?
the AAB is only if firm and the normal offer is AAA for me, i think i got lower as it was a contextual offer as I come from a less privileged background
Nh1092
Rep:
?
Hi, congratulations on your offer! Can I ask did you take part in a scheme as that offer seems quite low for Durham?
My offer is AAA, and I'm assuming that I must just have a strong application (presumably I did well on my LNAT), and I qualify for a contextual offer due to the area I am from having a low rate of progression to higher education, so if I firm the AAA offer will be further reduced to AAB. So no, I've not taken part in any schemes. If I'm honest, I was really surprised to have been given such a generous offer!
Last edited by Nh1092; 2 months ago
Nh1092
Rep:
?
Congrats on your offer!

I've also applied to:
Cambridge
KCL (For PPL)
Glasgow
Lancaster

I've heard back from Lancaster, and had acknowledgments off the rest. How about you? How did you think your LNAT went? (I'm guessing that's why we've received a doubly reduced offer?).
kc2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congrats on your offer!

I've also applied to:
Cambridge
KCL (For PPL)
Glasgow
Lancaster

I've heard back from Lancaster, and had acknowledgments off the rest. How about you? How did you think your LNAT went? (I'm guessing that's why we've received a doubly reduced offer?).
what college for cambridge
i’ve applied for Cambridge, Leeds, Durham, Nottingham and manchester
I have offers of all except cambridge, which shows positive signs of the lnat i guess
Nh1092
Rep:
?
what college for cambridge
i’ve applied for Cambridge, Leeds, Durham, Nottingham and manchester
I have offers of all except cambridge, which shows positive signs of the lnat i guess
Congrats on all your offers!!
I applied to Christs, how about you?
Are you doing any prep for the CLT? I don't really want to bother until I know if I've got an interview, but Christs is doing them on 24th November so there's not much time between finding out and actually sitting it.
kc2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congrats on all your offers!!
I applied to Christs, how about you?
Are you doing any prep for the CLT? I don't really want to bother until I know if I've got an interview, but Christs is doing them on 24th November so there's not much time between finding out and actually sitting it.
thankyou!!
I’ve applied to Emmanuel.
I’ve just ordered a book about the CLT so waiting for that to arrive and then i’ll start prepping.
we haven’t been told when the CLT will be for emmanuel but assuming it will be on the same week so i’m gonna start prepping when the book arrives before i know if i have an interview just incase
Nh1092
Rep:
?
thankyou!!
I’ve just ordered a book about the CLT so waiting for that to arrive and then i’ll start prepping.
we haven’t been told when the CLT will be for emmanuel but assuming it will be on the same week so i’m gonna start prepping when the book arrives before i know if i have an interview just incase
https://www.ba.law.cam.ac.uk/applyin...ridge-law-test
This says they're all the week commencing 23rd November. At least that likely means Law applicants will be considered first, Christs have said some people won't find out until 29th November.

What are your stats our of interest?
Mine are:
GCSE: 998877655 (extenuating circumstances)
A-Level: History, Politics, English Lit with A*A*A predicts.

Good luck with everything
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
thankyou!!
The CLT is on the 24th for Newnham too, so it might be then for Emmanuel!
kc2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
https://www.ba.law.cam.ac.uk/applyin...ridge-law-test
This says they're all the week commencing 23rd November. At least that likely means Law applicants will be considered first, Christs have said some people won't find out until 29th November.

What are your stats our of interest?
Mine are:
GCSE: 998877655 (extenuating circumstances)
A-Level: History, Politics, English Lit with A*A*A predicts.

Good luck with everything
yeah hopefully we find out about interviews first, hoping it is soon
mine are 99999888D*
A levels: History, Psychology and English Lit predicted A*A*A with an A* predicted in EPQ
good luck to you too
MissAQA
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
the AAB is only if firm and the normal offer is AAA for me, i think i got lower as it was a contextual offer as I come from a less privileged background
Ahh, yes that makes sense. Congrats!!
MissAQA
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My offer is AAA, and I'm assuming that I must just have a strong application (presumably I did well on my LNAT), and I qualify for a contextual offer due to the area I am from having a low rate of progression to higher education, so if I firm the AAA offer will be further reduced to AAB. So no, I've not taken part in any schemes. If I'm honest, I was really surprised to have been given such a generous offer!
Ahh, that makes sense! Well congratulations that's a great offer, and good luck! Durham looks lovely, my daughter is reapplying this year (fingers crossed, after getting an offer last year but not getting the required CAG :mad:).
nyx2911
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got an offer for law (now unconditional) from Durham yesterday

I applied to Collingwood.
batsteph
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have an unconditional from St. Cuths, thought I should post here and start meeting some classmates!
batsteph
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nyx2911)
Got an offer for law (now unconditional) from Durham yesterday

I applied to Collingwood.
ayyy congrats! I remember you from the Oxford thread, glad to see you got an offer here too!
nyx2911
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by batsteph)
ayyy congrats! I remember you from the Oxford thread, glad to see you got an offer here too!
Thank you! Hope the application process is going well for you too!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I've just received my offer for Durham Law!!! Has anyone else revieced their offer for law from Durham? What are the terms? Which college? Would love to hear from others who have recieved an offer, I'm definitely thinking of firming. I applied for South College, and my offer is AAB if I firm.
First of all, congratulations!!! I also got an offer from Durham to study law at John Snow (which I believe shares accommodation with South College👀).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (120)
28.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (157)
37.74%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.13%

Watched Threads