jessb2002a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys! I'm going to be studying history but I can't decide which uni is my favourite. I loved sussex when I went on an open day before my gap year but I don't want to rule my other choices out in case they turn out to be better.
So, if anyone has any opinions on the nightlife and/or history department at these uni's then that would be great
- Sussex
- UEA
- Oxford Brookes
- Lincoln
- Queen Mary Uni London
Advertisement
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I go to QMUL and don’t have any major complaints about it. Although I don’t study history so my opinion is useless either way.
shivenc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m applying to QMUL and Sussex too. In my opinion both are really good. QMUL being better
Advertisement
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have MONTHS to go before you have to make this decision.
Don't rush it, and dont rely on other people's opinions - it you that's going to that Uni, not them.

Lots of advice here about 'Making Firm and Insurance Choices' : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jessb2002a)
Hi guys! I'm going to be studying history but I can't decide which uni is my favourite. I loved sussex when I went on an open day before my gap year but I don't want to rule my other choices out in case they turn out to be better.
So, if anyone has any opinions on the nightlife and/or history department at these uni's then that would be great
- Sussex
- UEA
- Oxford Brookes
- Lincoln
- Queen Mary Uni London
Hey jessb2002a,

It's great to hear that you're aiming to study History, especially as I am a History student myself. At the University of Lincoln I think the History department is great, from my experience the broadness and options you have to study so many different periods is amazing. Usually students will arrive with a specific interest, and whilst the course caters for that with such an array of different periods and interests, the vast amount of options enables you to step out of your comfort zone and explore something completely different.

For me, I am a modernist yet I have explored Roman and Medieval history during my two and a bit years so far and have thoroughly enjoyed it. So, because of that, make sure to have a look at our course page here (and you can find me on UniBuddy on this page if you want to ask any further specific questions for History).

I hope this answers some of your questions, if not do not hesitate to reply or message me on UniBuddy.

What period of history are you most interested in our of curiosity?

Happy Holidays,

Connor - Third Year History Student
Advertisement
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jessb2002a)
- Sussex
- UEA
- Oxford Brookes
- Lincoln
- Queen Mary Uni London
Hi jessb2002a,

So great to hear that you're thinking of studying at UEA! I can't help on the history front unfortunately as I don't study it, however, I can vet how much fun being at UEA is. In terms of nightlife, UEA itself has a massive gig venue on campus where even Elvis has played! There are 3 student nights a week, Damn Good (cheesy hits), sports night and A list (pop and everything else). And if you want some more options, the buses from campus to Norwich city run until 3am so you can go out in town too.

In terms of academics and the campus, I love studying in a campus uni because everything is literally so close by. With the green spaces and a lake ON campus, it's hard not to like honestly! UEA is running campus tours in January and I would urge you to come and see the campus. https://www.uea.ac.uk/visit/campus-tours

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Becca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.67%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.33%

Watched Threads