The Student Room Group

Pharmacy with a foundation year

Hey Guys!!!!!
I am applying to do pharmacy w/ a foundation year 2021
I created this discussion so we can all walkabout the process of UCAS and interviewes and offers etc.
I have sent and paid for my UCAS application, I am currently waiting for my application to be sent of to OCR

I hope you are all successful in what you do!!

Scroll to see replies

Heyy i applied to pharmacy too (not foundation).. why is your application going to OCR?
What universities have you applied for?
Original post by roseflamingo
What universities have you applied for?

Kingston - conditional
Bradford - interview is tomorrow
Keele
DMU
Hey I’m also applying to keele for the foundation year in pharmacy ...
have you got an offer yet or interview date etc
Original post by hshstudent123
Kingston - conditional
Keele
DMU

Original post by danyy2121
Hey I’m also applying to keele for the foundation year in pharmacy ...
have you got an offer yet or interview date etc

Hi guys! Sorry to jump on the thread, just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions about Keele as a university or the course, you can ask me on here. :smile:
Hello yes , for pharmacy with foundation year will there be an interview and what sort of questions are asked
Hello yes , for pharmacy with foundation year will there be an interview and what sort of questions are asked

Hello again! I think if you are doing pharmacy with a foundation year, you will be doing a foundation year in health sciences. As far as I understood from my research, Keele will not be interviewing applicants for the foundation year in health sciences. Although, I will email the university about this now, just so we can all be sure!
Oh thanks for the reply !!
Oh okay yes please let me know when you get a response
Appreciate it ☺️
Reply 9
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hi guys! Sorry to jump on the thread, just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions about Keele as a university or the course, you can ask me on here. :smile:

Hii,
I've only been predicted BBB, is it worth applying to Keele even though I don't reach the entry requirements? I know I can achieve better than my predicteds for my real exam.
Original post by Ma_ria
Hii,
I've only been predicted BBB, is it worth applying to Keele even though I don't reach the entry requirements? I know I can achieve better than my predicteds for my real exam.

Hey I know you didn’t ask me but yes apply to them ... esp for pharmacy it’s only ABB so it’s only one above ur predicted grades ... plus if you have a strong personal statement it should be fine :smile:) good luck
Oh thanks for the reply !!
Oh okay yes please let me know when you get a response
Appreciate it ☺️

Hi @danyy2121!

I received a response from the School of Pharmacy today.
I am really sorry, I think I misunderstood the course you will be doing and gave you the wrong information in my previous response! However, I managed to get the right information for you from the School of Pharmacy! They have told me that an interview is compulsory for all MPharm applicants with a foundation year and that more information about the interview will be sent via email to all successful applicants.
I hope I've finally answered your question. Once again, I am sorry about the confusion! :smile:
Original post by Ma_ria
Hii,

Hi @Ma_ria.

I am not sure about much emphasis is given to predicted grades by the Pharmacy admissions team. Therefore, I am going to contact the team now and get back to you with what they think! :smile:
Reply 13
Hey I know you didn’t ask me but yes apply to them ... esp for pharmacy it’s only ABB so it’s only one above ur predicted grades ... plus if you have a strong personal statement it should be fine :smile:) good luck

Thanks Danny! Good luck to you too.
Original post by Ma_ria
Hii,

Hi again! I have received a response from the Pharmacy admissions team and they have told me that applications with predicted grades of BBB will be considered!

I hope this helps you make a decision on where to apply. :smile:
Original post by hshstudent123
Kingston - conditional
Keele
DMU

I applied for Kingston but I got conditional with foundation
I got a conditional from reading BCC foundation
I got a conditional from reading BCC foundation

Same from reading but I don’t want to do foundation would you think they’ll reconsider
Yes they probably will if you get good grades !! I think it’s ABB ( in clearing it always goes down )

Btw did you get an interview from keele I got mine interview email today
Reply 19
hi, i applied at DMU for pharmacy w a foundation year because of my predicted ccd and i think a foundation year will help before i start the actual course. but today i received an email saying they can't offer me pharmacy w a foundation year and they're offering me an interview for pharmacy without a foundation year? has this happened to anybody else bc ik i don't have the predicted grades for the course so is it worth getting my hopes up?
btw good luck to you all !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending