jh1123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying to University however I'm having trouble differentiating between courses and universities since I have not been able to visit any open days. I would like to go to one of the Russell Groups but they all especially look very similar too.I have no idea what uni I want to go to., does anyone have any suggestions??
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jh1123)
Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying to University however I'm having trouble differentiating between courses and universities since I have not been able to visit any open days. I would like to go to one of the Russell Groups but they all especially look very similar too.I have no idea what uni I want to go to., does anyone have any suggestions??
Hi jh1123,

I think it your position, I would probably make an excel document containing the universities which you might wish to apply to. The Guardians ranking of universities for criminology can be found here (https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...y-league-table).

I would also recommend considering whether it is pure Criminology which you wish to study, although we are not a Russell Group university, the range of courses offered at Hull can be found below.

Criminology
Explore the diverse factors that cause crime with our pioneering BA Criminology degree.

Criminology and Sociology
Through this combination of subjects, you'll explore the diverse social, cultural, economic and political factors which can cause crime.

Criminology with Forensic Science
Explore the laboratory and field techniques of the forensic scientist alongside the causes and solutions to crime on this fascinating degree.

Criminology with Law
Combining criminology with law, you'll focus on the connection between crime and criminal justice while gaining a sound understanding of the legal system.

Criminology with Psychology
Alongside gaining a thorough understanding of crime and criminal justice, you'll also explore human behaviour, performance and decision making.

Law with Criminology
Complete a qualifying law degree while also developing an understanding of aspects of criminology and criminal justice.

Professional Policing
This hands-on degree will give you the knowledge and skills to become a police officer.

Psychology with Criminology
Accredited by the British Psychological Society, this degree combines the interrelated disciplines of psychology and criminology.

It may also be worth considering the opportunities offered at the various universities, for example, if there is the opportunity to do a placement to gain hands on experience. I would also recommend going to a Virtual Open Day and speaking to the students and/or lecturers about why they chose to study where they do.

If you were interested in any of the offerings available at Hull or wanted a students perspective of what it is like to study a Criminology Degree then our ambassador Gabrielle can be contacted here.

Best of luck,
Millie
Student Rep
pexxywise_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m doing a criminology degree at one of the Russell Group University. I think it’s a good idea to do your research on the modules and graduate prospect as I tends to look at these when i’m applying, each uni offers different course content and degree (BA and BSc) so it really depends on what you want. But personally I would look for Russell Group ones because of the names and links they could offer
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Try and get into a RG uni, tbh criminology isn’t a good degree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (40)
18.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (84)
38.18%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.27%

Watched Threads