The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you in foundation class? If so, no.

Maybe if you work extremely hard without any excuses, always revising you have the chance
If you’re on foundation paper, max grade you will get is 5-5. However, this does not mean higher paper students have it easier because it’s very hard to get a 5-5 on higher paper as the exam is more harder overall. So, stick to your targets which should be 5’s.
they havent chosen if we do higher or lower yet so i was hoping to revise really well for the mocks and these mocks so i would be able to achieve a 7.

is it possible to go from a 3 to a 7 though
Original post by ellalonsdale67
they havent chosen if we do higher or lower yet so i was hoping to revise really well for the mocks and these mocks so i would be able to achieve a 7.

yes
Original post by ellalonsdale67

Tbh, it seems quite unrealistic.

Are you in top set ?
Heyyy, I’m doing my year 11 mocks this week and next week also.

Given you’re taking the higher papers, there is always the possibility. If not, like other users before me have said, you are limited to a grade 5 maximum. Which, is a good standard of GCSE to have. Let’s say you are taking the higher papers, I do think jumping up a few grades from a grade 3 is possible, given you put in the work and revise. That said, I know as well as you do the uncertainty of these mocks and how much could potentially depend on them, and if there’s one thing you take from my rambling it’s that you won’t overwork yourself okay? I’d hate to see another person fall down the rabbit hole I did a few weeks back, due to the pressure I felt for these. Yes, these mocks are arguably more important than they would be in a ‘normal year’ but a week before your exam, crying with no motivation is not going to help anyone, trust me. So revise, but don’t overwork yourself, it’s not worth it, okay? (:
If not-
I don’t think you can move from a 3 to a 7 in the space of a week, absolutely no chance.

Unless you have some sort of tutor, or you already know the content well but didn’t actually try

Max you’ll get is 5 ish, if you work now.

If you can prove me wrong then I’ll be proud
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by CaptainDuckie
If not-
I don’t think you can move from a 3 to a 7 in the space of a week, absolutely no chance.

Unless you have some sort of tutor, or you already know the content well but didn’t actually try

Max you’ll get is 5 ish, if you work now.

If you can prove me wrong then I’ll be proud

Maybe the OP should aim for a 5/6 for now then 7-9 after Christmas?
Original post by 1st superstar
Maybe the OP should aim for a 5/6 for now then 7-9 after Christmas?

Hmmm, if OP gets a 6 now, they will definitely have a shot at 7-9 after Christmas. I wouldn’t say 9 though...... unless they proper proper sweat it, always revising then maybeeeeeee
Hmmm, if OP gets a 6 now, they will definitely have a shot at 7-9 after Christmas. I wouldn’t say 9 though...... unless they proper proper sweat it, always revising then maybeeeeeee

I mean I didn't get 7-9's so IDK (only 1 subject where I got a 9).
I mean I didn't get 7-9's so IDK (only 1 subject where I got a 9).

Think about it, that grade 9 is very if not extremely hard to get. It isn’t as easy as everyone is making out to be😂
My intentions are not to crush OP’s heart but setting out a realistic target of 5/6 as you said seems reasonable. If op gets that for their mock next week, then by all means that 7-8 looks promising
Think about it, that grade 9 is very if not extremely hard to get. It isn’t as easy as everyone is making out to be😂
My intentions are not to crush OP’s heart but setting out a realistic target of 5/6 as you said seems reasonable. If op gets that for their mock next week, then by all means that 7-8 looks promising

Yeah except for me personally that grade 9 was easy for me. Getting a 9 is hard imo.
Yeah except for me personally that grade 9 was easy for me. Getting a 9 is hard imo.

What was your 9 in lol
Worked insanely for Geog and didn't get a 9 :frown:
What was your 9 in lol

French (can probably guess why I got that grade now).
Original post by Afrrcyn
Worked insanely for Geog and didn't get a 9 :frown:

See😂😂😂😂

Not really, Languages are pretty hard!

Still pretty impressive lol
How do you feel that you are part of the small minutiae percentage of people that got a grade 9?
Still pretty impressive lol
How do you feel that you are part of the small minutiae percentage of people that got a grade 9?

Nothing special.