networthamilly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
hey to anyone reading this,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the highest possible grade I can get at the end of my second year in btec. I'm aiming to go on and study pharmacy at uni in 2021.

right so here's the problem: in first year I ended on a grade P (pass) even though it genuinely should've been a merit but whatever, I got the pass. I got my results back and it was a pass in every unit, so that's that. I truly aim to get distinctions in all units this year and that seems to be the way its going. so say I do get all distinctions this year for second year, what is the highest grade I can leave with if I got the pass from last year plus distinctions in everything this year?

For extra context, I do BTEC national extended applied science (the one worth 3 a levels) and I don't do a level chemistry trying to go and do pharmacy at a uni possibly without a foundation year but may seem likely that I'll have to do one depending on my possible end grade. before I send off any UCAS applications anywhere I want to know what I could get so I don't just shoot myself in the foot by applying to courses I can't get into.

Thanks in advance
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by networthamilly)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the highest possible grade I can get at the end of my second year in btec. I'm aiming to go on and study pharmacy at uni in 2021.

right so here's the problem: in first year I ended on a grade P (pass) even though it genuinely should've been a merit but whatever, I got the pass. I got my results back and it was a pass in every unit, so that's that. I truly aim to get distinctions in all units this year and that seems to be the way its going. so say I do get all distinctions this year for second year, what is the highest grade I can leave with if I got the pass from last year plus distinctions in everything this year?

For extra context, I do BTEC national extended applied science (the one worth 3 a levels) and I don't do a level chemistry trying to go and do pharmacy at a uni possibly without a foundation year but may seem likely that I'll have to do one depending on my possible end grade. before I send off any UCAS applications anywhere I want to know what I could get so I don't just shoot myself in the foot by applying to courses I can't get into.

Thanks in advance
How many total modules are there?
Imo a P grade is close to a fail. Its somewhere between a D and an E.
If you are applying with PP and all your modules are P, then that is the lowest you can get without failing.
Are you being realistic about getting D grades when you havent managed to improve from P?

I would check the entrance requirements, check your predicted grades and talk to the teacher.
I think you are being unrealistic.

If I were in that situation I would talk to teacher and possibly even scrapping it and restarting from Y1.
I would think your grades arent good enough.
hihi1111
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Thanks in advance
i could be wrong but doesnt uni require chem a level and another science for pharmacology ?
networthamilly
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
How many total modules are there?
Imo a P grade is close to a fail. Its somewhere between a D and an E.
If you are applying with PP and all your modules are P, then that is the lowest you can get without failing.
Are you being realistic about getting D grades when you havent managed to improve from P?

I would check the entrance requirements, check your predicted grades and talk to the teacher.
I think you are being unrealistic.

If I were in that situation I would talk to teacher and possibly even scrapping it and restarting from Y1.
I would think your grades arent good enough.
im doing the nation extended diploma. so i get 3 letters at the end of year 2 ranging from D*D*D*-PPP, only reason i got P last year was because of medical reasons and personal issues. Due to corona my teachers just passed most of my work , even when i gave some assignments that were D and M, the passes outweighed them.

now that i am in better health this year i can definitely get distinctions in all my units this year because its not that im not "clever" it was due to my circumstances, so i was wondering was all D's plus the P's in first year would get me. adn its a total of units/modules are 14
networthamilly
Rep:
?
(Original post by hihi1111)
i could be wrong but doesnt uni require chem a level and another science for pharmacology ?
i dont know about pharmacology as i havent looked at that and dont plan to. i want to do pharmacy and not all uni's require a level chem. would you happen to know what the highest grade i could possibly get is?
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
im doing the nation extended diploma. so i get 3 letters at the end of year 2 ranging from D*D*D*-PPP, only reason i got P last year was because of medical reasons and personal issues. Due to corona my teachers just passed most of my work , even when i gave some assignments that were D and M, the passes outweighed them.

now that i am in better health this year i can definitely get distinctions in all my units this year because its not that im not "clever" it was due to my circumstances, so i was wondering was all D's plus the P's in first year would get me. adn its a total of units/modules are 14
You get 2 letters at the end of Y1. i.e PP.
I might even consider just switching to an access course. Point is P grades just drag you back.
Maybe taslk to the unis you are interested in and provide the medical evidence to support your claim otherwise they will just see P and wont believe you cna get D.
networthamilly
Rep:
?
You get 2 letters at the end of Y1. i.e PP.
I might even consider just switching to an access course. Point is P grades just drag you back.
Maybe taslk to the unis you are interested in and provide the medical evidence to support your claim otherwise they will just see P and wont believe you cna get D.
im confused. i looked at my certificate from national foundation diploma (year 1) and it just says pass. doesn't say PP. just pass, so im guessing thats just P. so im in year 2 rn (national extended diploma) and if i get d's in everything thing this year idk what i'll get. but itll come out as 3 letters.

am i making sense? sorry if its confusing
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
im confused. i looked at my certificate from national foundation diploma (year 1) and it just says pass. doesn't say PP. just pass, so im guessing thats just P. so im in year 2 rn (national extended diploma) and if i get d's in everything thing this year idk what i'll get. but itll come out as 3 letters.

am i making sense? sorry if its confusing
I always understood it was the other way round.

In any event compile a lits of entry grades and then talk to admissions about your mit circs. They should tell you before you apply.
If you think you are capable of all D's then fine, but if that were the case, then a restart would be much easier.
Pharmacy is one of the few I dont keep up to date on.
networthamilly
Rep:
?
I always understood it was the other way round.

In any event compile a lits of entry grades and then talk to admissions about your mit circs. They should tell you before you apply.
If you think you are capable of all D's then fine, but if that were the case, then a restart would be much easier.
Pharmacy is one of the few I dont keep up to date on.
mit circs? what that. and i definatley know my end grade wont be DDD because of the Pass from last year, but i meant distinction in all units of this year so 6 units of distinction added with 7 units of passes im not sure what that will create
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
mit circs? what that. and i definatley know my end grade wont be DDD because of the Pass from last year, but i meant distinction in all units of this year so 6 units of distinction added with 7 units of passes im not sure what that will create
Yes I understood what you meant. the top grade is D*D*D*.
You need to start compiling a table of maybe your top 10-15 and see what grade they need from BTEC.
Mit or ext circumstances are where you make them aware of a difficult situation affecting your results such as illness or family issues.

I need sleep,

The btec calculators are here.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html

GL
networthamilly
Rep:
?
Yes I understood what you meant. the top grade is D*D*D*.
You need to start compiling a table of maybe your top 10-15 and see what grade they need from BTEC.
Mit or ext circumstances are where you make them aware of a difficult situation affecting your results such as illness or family issues.

I need sleep,

The btec calculators are here.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html

GL
haha same, thanks a ton for the help though !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (57)
28.79%
No (141)
71.21%

Watched Threads