Scam by Modelling Agecy (Models / Baby/ Child / Teen / Adult / Shoot)

Watch
dontaskaboutmy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I want my money back, how do I do this?

I believe I have got scammed by a agency that leads to Tesla Model. I signed up to a website and they gave me a call saying asking for a free shoot. They set me a day to bring 3 outfits and then I went in the next day. There were other people; I was waiting for a while, I was the last person then I went in for the shoot, they gave me questionnaire (assessment) and then once I had filled that, they called me, showed me the results. They then told me Icon Model and Tesla Model want to reach out to me, which I was suspicious of as it was very fast. They asked me which package I want to pick, so I picked for a silver package, this was a 'once off payment'. This payment was supposed to be for the portfolio and then they gave me my own website (it was pre made). Then, the lady said 'any company will contact you through your website'. After we paid, she kept the receipt, we didn't think much of it as it was distracted. Once I got home, I searched it up and read it was a scam.
Last edited by dontaskaboutmy; 4 months ago
lil longlegs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
bruh take this to a lawyer or something if you try to contact the company and don't hear from them that's so crazy
Summerneive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don’t understand why people don’t do research before doing something big.
Santan Dave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just want to thank you for this post. I was going to go for this free assessment but i found it weird that they didn't have a website of any kind. "Studio Bookers" was the name of the email link. I'm sorry to hear that you got scammed but if it any consolation you prevented me from doing so and for this i am eternally grateful to you. Thanks again and sorry.
Last edited by Santan Dave; 1 month ago
Naya mae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm sorry to hear what happened. I went there today and my daughter had photos taken. The packages were offered to me and the cheapest one was 300.00 The man knocked it down to 150.00 due to the current pandemic. I didn't pay because I was unsure about what I was paying for, he was speaking fast and my daughter was making lots of noise. However he did mention a few agencies who I contacted. Studio bookers seemed a bit suspect for me.
Last edited by Naya mae; 3 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads