?
Report 2 months ago
Yes it was definitely hard for some calculations and practicals
emmyisthebest01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It was deffo harder than paper 1 for biology, some questions did catch me out. But the 6 marker and the 5 marker maths one im confident on.
emmyisthebest01
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
what did u guys get for the question about the mass of some solution? it was 4 marks
Ge71731
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You mean the one on the concentration? Don’t really remember it, but I converted dm^3 to cm^3. Then found the mass in the second concentration comparing it with the first one.
X=(volume second one x mass first one)/ volume first one. Don’t even remember if that’s what it was asking but yeah did something like that
Ge71731
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you get ninety something mg for the 5 marks question?
Leo_gyp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I can’t remember any questions apart from a question I hated on find the diameter of gold. I wanted to get a decent grade in combined science but that chemistry paper kinda put me off. I had been told grade boundaries will be really low for the autumn series and hopefully the remaining 4 paper comes good so everyone can get a good grade.
Ge71731
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes really hope that they lower them. The point is that they said that they decide the grade boundaries based on how difficult the papers are. In anyways it was difficult so they will still be lowered.
emmyisthebest01
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
the exam board said the grade boundaries will be way lower as compared to previous years due to the inflation of grades in the summer so don't stress!! I think everyone found it difficult. compared to the biology paper this really threw me off, but we have still got 4 more papers to go, so we still have hope.
emmyisthebest01
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ge71731)
You mean the one on the concentration? Don’t really remember it, but I converted dm^3 to cm^3. Then found the mass in the second concentration comparing it with the first one.
X=(volume second one x mass first one)/ volume first one. Don’t even remember if that’s what it was asking but yeah did something like that
I found the moles of both or something then used a ratio to compare, and somehow found the mass with that. I have no idea I hope I get some marks for working out
emmyisthebest01
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Leo_gyp)
I can’t remember any questions apart from a question I hated on find the diameter of gold. I wanted to get a decent grade in combined science but that chemistry paper kinda put me off. I had been told grade boundaries will be really low for the autumn series and hopefully the remaining 4 paper comes good so everyone can get a good grade.
the diameter of gold one was hard!! I just remember dividing the 2 numbers and using that
Leo_gyp
Rep:
?
(Original post by emmyisthebest01)
the diameter of gold one was hard!! I just remember dividing the 2 numbers and using that
I did exactly what you did
emmyisthebest01
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did exactly what you did
really? well im pretty sure that means we got it right cuz I know someone else who also divided the 2 numbers
arahman5166
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That paper 1 combined science was way too hard? It went bad for me ☹️
How did you find the paper?
I think i got 30/100. Is it still possible to get a 9? I sat the higher chemistry exam today. I found it hard af

hey at
arahman5166
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think i got 30/100. Is it still possible to get a 9? I sat the higher chemistry exam today. I found it hard af

hey at
Leo_gyp
Rep:
?
(Original post by arahman5166)

hey at
You could do well on paper 2, tbh depends on the grade boundaries if there low then you could achieve 9 by doing well on paper 2
arahman5166
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You could do well on paper 2, tbh depends on the grade boundaries if there low then you could achieve 9 by doing well on paper 2
Did you do the higher paper too? I mean single chemistry (Triple) Im a year 11 student. I do spanish, computing, electronics etc so i wanted to finish a GCSE and focus on the others. Wish me luck. Could be £200 down the drain.
emmyisthebest01
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

hey at
last year 60% was a 9, but the grade boundaries are going to get significantly lower. As long as you try your best on the next 4 papers, I don't see why not. it was a hard test
Leo_gyp
Rep:
?
Did you do the higher paper too? I mean single chemistry (Triple) Im a year 11 student. I do spanish, computing, electronics etc so i wanted to finish a GCSE and focus on the others. Wish me luck. Could be £200 down the drain.
I’m doing higher combined science trilogy. First biology didn’t go too bad but chemistry I think I got 10/70
arahman5166
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m doing higher combined science trilogy. First biology didn’t go too bad but chemistry I think I got 10/70
So in your exam paper you had bio and chem?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads