The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leo_gyp
Sameeeee I hate that so much what did you get on test for propean Iw wrote bromine water for the test and orange and cloudy for the colours I know it’s wrong it’s I meant to say colourless not cloudy.

yesss its bromine water!! don't worry u will get the marks for saying its bromine water and for saying its orange
Reply 81
JUST revise physics paper 2 now cause 70 marks left It could make a big difference.
Who agree with me that these exam series were kinda hard compared to June 2019, June 2018 and the specimens papers these are really hard.
Original post by Leo_gyp
Percentage decrease I totally got no marks I though it included other calculation. What did you get for the 3 question on balance equation from start and complete the equation by writing the equation I put co2 I know it’s wrong. I put exactly what you put squeaky pop test for test for carbon.

I put c3h6 or something I cant remember, and for the balancing equations I wrote a 2 in front of something I cant remember where tho, the ones I definitely got wrong is the one where it asked how crude oil was formed I said long and short chained hydrocarbons from alkane? then I mentioned combustion for some dumb reason, and I also got the one about nitrogen wrong from the graph I completely blanked out and I said something about cars not being developed enough in the 1980s and then nitrogen being made into fossil fuels in the 2000's like that's wrong but ughhhh
Reply 83
Original post by emmyisthebest01
I put c3h6 or something I cant remember, and for the balancing equations I wrote a 2 in front of something I cant remember where tho, the ones I definitely got wrong is the one where it asked how crude oil was formed I said long and short chained hydrocarbons from alkane? then I mentioned combustion for some dumb reason, and I also got the one about nitrogen wrong from the graph I completely blanked out and I said something about cars not being developed enough in the 1980s and then nitrogen being made into fossil fuels in the 2000's like that's wrong but ughhhh

Yes First question to balance I put 2 as well
Original post by Leo_gyp
JUST revise physics paper 2 now cause 70 marks left It could make a big difference.
Who agree with me that these exam series were kinda hard compared to June 2019, June 2018 and the specimens papers these are really hard.

yes!! I did the maths and last year u had to get 60% in every paper to get a 9, so that's around 43 marks on every single paper, if we get really high on physics it will impact it greatly, and I agree with that too!! I did the 2019 chem 2 paper and it was so much easier as compared to this one?! but our grade boundaries will most definitely be lower than theres and the examiners will mark with "generosity"
Reply 85
yes!! I did the maths and last year u had to get 60% in every paper to get a 9, so that's around 43 marks on every single paper, if we get really high on physics it will impact it greatly, and I agree with that too!! I did the 2019 chem 2 paper and it was so much easier as compared to this one?! but our grade boundaries will most definitely be lower than theres and the examiners will mark with "

Hopefully there lower this year 👏 good luck for the last paper, ima revise now cause it’s the last paper and I don’t want to mess it up.
Reply 86
yes!! I did the maths and last year u had to get 60% in every paper to get a 9, so that's around 43 marks on every single paper, if we get really high on physics it will impact it greatly, and I agree with that too!! I did the 2019 chem 2 paper and it was so much easier as compared to this one?! but our grade boundaries will most definitely be lower than theres and the examiners will mark with "generosity"

I have a feeling that who ever marks my paper will laugh at some question I answered. Did you remember what you got for the question on car pollution question where the bar graph increase and then decrease over year. For the first question I wrote it’s incomplete combustion (carbon monoxide) idk if that’s right or wrong
Original post by Leo_gyp
I have a feeling that who ever marks my paper will laugh at some question I answered. Did you remember what you got for the question on car pollution question where the bar graph increase and then decrease over year. For the first question I wrote it’s incomplete combustion (carbon monoxide) idk if that’s right or wrong

I got that one completely wrong I was talking about fossil fuels and how cars weren't developed enough back then?
Reply 88
UNO what’s really wired I literally only revised for the topic that I predicted and all predicted came up. So look at June 2019 and revise the topic that didn’t came last year they will come this year. Ima go through it today and post topics that you should more time on.
Original post by Leo_gyp
Sameeeee I hate that so much what did you get on test for propean Iw wrote bromine water for the test and orange and cloudy for the colours I know it’s wrong it’s I meant to say colourless not cloudy.

This question..... spent 7 mins on it but zero, nothing didn’t remember even the colours. Just left it.
Original post by Leo_gyp

I wrote like they then formed acid rains when combined with water in clouds. Nitric acid and Sulfuric were formed. For the test question I wrote that as result It will pop”, and for CO2 for test I wrote bubbling CO2 to a Hydroxide solution. Don’t know if I will loose mark for that..
the first 2 pages were easy enough, for the 6 marker I basically said the same but I also put that u could measure the change in mass, and use a water bath for different temperatures and to repeat etc etc, the graph one I drew a tangent and figured out the gradient from that, then for the curve I accidentally didn't join the curve up at the end. the maths questions seemed easy enough but I cant exactly remember what I got. for the evaporating dish one I said to put a lid so that additional mass isn't lost, but I think that's wrong unless there's multiple answers u can give to that one. for the nitrogen question I said it causes respiratory problems, for the co2 6 marker I talked about photosynthesis, fossil fuels, and co2 dissolving into the oceans (sedimentary rock and limestone), the last few questions I muddled up bcuz I said the pressure causes the equilibrium to shift, but it doesn't and I realised that too late, I said that sludging uses anaerobic respiration, the test for hydrogen is the squeaky pop test, carbon dioxide turns limewater cloudy. for the one where u add to pick ABCD I picked D, but again I think that's wrong. what did u get for the percentage decrease? I got something around 80%

Yes got 80%
Original post by Ge71731
Yes got 80%

Wait did you do your paper today, and is it the aqa single chemistry higher paper?
Original post by arahman5166
Wait did you do your paper today, and is it the aqa single chemistry higher paper?

Did combined science pap 2 chemistry Aqa
Original post by Ge71731
Did you get ninety something mg for the 5 marks question?

I messed up on that for the answer but I think I will get at least 3 marks
Original post by Ge71731

That’s test was harddddd
Original post by Ge71731

I left the first 6 marker out and most of it was just so bad. I didn’t understand what they meant for test and result
Original post by Ge71731

I put for hydrogen the test was lighting up a splint and put it into a test tube. For the result I put squeaky pop
Original post by Leo_gyp
UNO what’s really wired I literally only revised for the topic that I predicted and all predicted came up. So look at June 2019 and revise the topic that didn’t came last year they will come this year. Ima go through it today and post topics that you should more time on.

that's so true
Original post by Ge71731

whr did u get the paper from and by any chances, do u have triple science 2019 papers?

Latest

Trending

Trending