Liverpool Uni - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0)

Watch
cc2804
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys,

Has/is anyone applying for the foundation degree for health in Liverpool uni for 2021? Or has anyone started this year?

Looking for some advice/tips regarding interview process and any information you feel helped you in your PS.

(Mature student, 28, new mum, working in healthcare in prison services)

Thanks!
illoqueen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I’ve applied for this course too, for the Diagnostic Radiography pathway 😊

PS was difficult I think just because I couldn’t get any work experience due to covid, but I did a lot of research on the role and think I did the best I can! I can imagine you doing really well if you already work in healthcare!

Really hope I get an interview, fingers crossed! 🤞🤞

Best of luck to you!
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ahh fingers crossed we both get a place! It’s was so hard wasn’t it with not having actual experience! Did you get an email from the uni with an update? Hopefully hear about an interview soon! Keep me updated ☺️
Mattys96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
Hi CC2804, did you hear anything back regarding an interview or do you know when we can expect to? thanks
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 hours ago
Hi! Still not had an actual interview email no! I’m assuming we should have one by end of Feb! ☺️
Clair_P
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
Hi,
I’m thinking about applying for this course on the Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology pathway!

I already have a degree but not science related so I don’t know where that leaves me, if anyone has any experience with this?

I’m not sure if I’m too late to apply for this September, I’ve emailed the admissions tutor and the school of health sciences... so just waiting to hear back!

Quite nervous about returning to education, but it’s now or never!
illoqueen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 36 minutes ago
(Original post by Clair_P)
Hi,
I’m thinking about applying for this course on the Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology pathway!

I already have a degree but not science related so I don’t know where that leaves me, if anyone has any experience with this?

I’m not sure if I’m too late to apply for this September, I’ve emailed the admissions tutor and the school of health sciences... so just waiting to hear back!

Quite nervous about returning to education, but it’s now or never!
I am in the same position as you! Graduated with a BA in graphics in 2019 but didn’t vibe with the industry. I would have definitely gone down the science/healthcare pathway if I’d had the confidence when I was younger, so hoping this course will give me a second chance 😊

I think you have until Jan 29th to apply via UCAS but the Liverpool uni website says that they are accepting applications for undergrad courses until Feb 12th

Best of luck!
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 33 minutes ago
Yeah I think the cut off for UCAS is 29th but you’d be definitely better speaking to the department. They’ve been really helpful when I’ve emailed. Good luck! ☺️
Clair_P
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 minutes ago
(Original post by cc2804)
Yeah I think the cut off for UCAS is 29th but you’d be definitely better speaking to the department. They’ve been really helpful when I’ve emailed. Good luck! ☺️
Thank you! You too! 😊
How quick are they to respond? I’m most probably being impatient haha, I emailed beginning of last week and I’ve tried phoning them but the number doesn’t connect.

(Original post by illoqueen)
I am in the same position as you! Graduated with a BA in graphics in 2019 but didn’t vibe with the industry. I would have definitely gone down the science/healthcare pathway if I’d had the confidence when I was younger, so hoping this course will give me a second chance 😊

I think you have until Jan 29th to apply via UCAS but the Liverpool uni website says that they are accepting applications for undergrad courses until Feb 12th

Best of luck!
Ahh really similar backgrounds! I graduated in 2012 in illustration. I’ve been sucked into the world of retail for the past 9 years and now currently run my own store... but it’s not something I want to do for the rest of my life.
This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time now so fingers crossed!

Best of luck too! 😊😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (421)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (323)
43.41%

Watched Threads