Neon19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I started out A levels with Gen. Maths, economics, physics and chemistry. However I cannot cope with the current conditions and want to drop either chemistry or economics and move on with my other subjects. Is this advisable ? Should I bite the bullet and go on studying all 4 at the cost of risking my grades with other subs, just to keep my options open? or should i drop one and which one would you recommend keeping in mind the current pandemic economy and upcoming valuable career paths. Thank you in advance
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I follow the rule that you should choose to study subjects that interest you, and that you will get a good mark in.

So you should choose which to drop, if you absolutely need to focus, 3 great A results would be better than four Ds.

A level chem I found easy, until I got to detailed rate equations, bit lost, then all of organic chem, threw me further astray! So much to memorise. A level Economics, I considered a bit lightweight, compared to my physics experience anyway, but others on TSR have pointed out that it’s a useful and can be enjoyable A level; an introduction to business/accounting/finance/economics/politics etc

So use the A level explorer, simulate a few different choices and see where you get, then ask some trusted elders for their opinion & take your own fact based decision.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-level-explorer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads