The Student Room Group

Wanting advice please

Sorry if this is TMI in advance

So, I’ve been sleeping with my boyfriend pretty frequently over the last few months (we live together with some other friends) and one time he ran out of condoms but we did it anyway in the heat of the moment

I’m always pretty regular so I thought things were going to be fine until my period was late - I had all the symptoms, just not any actual evidence I was on

I got really scared so did a couple of pregnancy tests - both negative

I explained all this to my bf and he’s really scared I could still be pregnant, despite all the tests and the information I’ve looked up (like on the nhs website)

I’ve also been really stressed, and I’ve lost w bit of weight as well which won’t have helped

My main question is how can I stop my bf worrying about it, because I’m 95% sure I’m not pregnant and he’s really stressed - he’s adding to my stress which won’t be helping etc

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry if this is TMI in advance

So, I’ve been sleeping with my boyfriend pretty frequently over the last few months (we live together with some other friends) and one time he ran out of condoms but we did it anyway in the heat of the moment

I’m always pretty regular so I thought things were going to be fine until my period was late - I had all the symptoms, just not any actual evidence I was on

I got really scared so did a couple of pregnancy tests - both negative

I explained all this to my bf and he’s really scared I could still be pregnant, despite all the tests and the information I’ve looked up (like on the nhs website)

I’ve also been really stressed, and I’ve lost w bit of weight as well which won’t have helped

My main question is how can I stop my bf worrying about it, because I’m 95% sure I’m not pregnant and he’s really stressed - he’s adding to my stress which won’t be helping etc

Thanks!

Red Alert!!
You could be pregnant...did he even pull out...when you say test...did you actually go to the doctor or did you just take a pregnancy test ( those are not always 100% accurate by the way) and try and reassure your boyfriend girl and no matter what (if it happens that your pregnant) DON'T EVER think of taking an abortion no matter the situation you and your bf are living in...I'm actually feeling stressed out for you right now...this is gonna sound mean but I hope your not pregnant...for your sake love.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Red Alert!!
You could be pregnant...did he even pull out...when you say test...did you actually go to the doctor or did you just take a pregnancy test ( those are not always 100% accurate by the way) and try and reassure your boyfriend girl and no matter what (if it happens that your pregnant) DON'T EVER think of taking an abortion no matter the situation you and your bf are living in...I'm actually feeling stressed out for you right now...this is gonna sound mean but I hope your not pregnant...for your sake love.

Thank you so much for the time you took to reply! - very luckily I’m not pregnant, but definitely lesson learned!

Quick Reply

Latest