username4891388
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I’m struggling on finding exactly what I want to study for the alevel coursework that has to have a time frame of 100 years. I definitely feel like I want to write about prisons and I don’t know if I should just focus on punishment which can include the death penalty, or the conditions of prisons or something else. I also don’t know if to focus on just America as that includes the death penalty eg the electric chair back in the day plus the death penalty is still around now.
I’m studying weimar germany and tudors which wouldn’t overlap with prisons however I was hoping to do maybe the years 1920 to present because I feel like it’s be interesting to research how the punishments and sentences have changed since then and to now.

I have no idea what the question would be though.
Luwei
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Maybe do something like the golden age of the Qing Dynasty (three emperors and those corresponded to roughly 100 years) or you could do something like relations of Great Powers 1815-1914? An alternative is Germany 1871-1990 (unification, divided and reunification?
Luwei
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You could also look at the advancements of military strategies 1850-1950 (transition to modern warfare) or from 1900-present (so modern warfare + nuclear warfare etc)
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello

I would start with categories of prisons. And also write about the history of the death penalty too. I would advise you to do research and make notes. Another good way to find information is to read some historical fiction books and also scan research articles on corporeal punishment etc. One more thing to do is to research fully in depth changes within prisons and the legal system over the years in Britain and find information at the library.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.87%

Watched Threads