Schoolss111
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi!! I am currently studying year 11 and we've just got the results back from out first set of assessments (not mocks). I'm really worried as I got way lower grades than expected ,ranging from 5s-9s, while i was aiming for 7-9s. I'm scared that these will be used as our actual GCSE grades as I need a minimum of these grades (see below) to continue doing the subject I want at A-Levels at my school. Does anyone know whether mocks/GCSE will happen?(mine are in January). And any advice on how to improve; I am struggling with Geography (AQA), Biology (AQA) and English Language
Minimum Grades
-Biology = 6 (Aiming for 7-9)
-Chemistry = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
-Physics = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
-Maths = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
-Further Maths = A/ A*
-English Literature = 7 (Aiming for 7-9)
-English Language = 6 (Aiming for 7-9)
-History = 7 (Aiming for 7-9)
-Geography = 5 (Aiming for 7-9)
-Computing = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
holly-54
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Schoolss111)
Hi!! I am currently studying year 11 and we've just got the results back from out first set of assessments (not mocks). I'm really worried as I got way lower grades than expected ,ranging from 5s-9s, while i was aiming for 7-9s. I'm scared that these will be used as our actual GCSE grades as I need a minimum of these grades (see below) to continue doing the subject I want at A-Levels at my school. Does anyone know whether mocks/GCSE will happen?(mine are in January). And any advice on how to improve; I am struggling with Geography (AQA), Biology (AQA) and English Language
Minimum Grades
-Biology = 6 (Aiming for 7-9)
-Chemistry = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
-Physics = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
-Maths = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
-Further Maths = A/ A*
-English Literature = 7 (Aiming for 7-9)
-English Language = 6 (Aiming for 7-9)
-History = 7 (Aiming for 7-9)
-Geography = 5 (Aiming for 7-9)
-Computing = 8 (Aiming for 8/9)
these are all perfectly fine grades! if we go to centre assessed grades this year, your teachers will use these along with all the tests you do in class to determine your final grades, you have so much time to improve but these grades are good already
Schoolss111
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by holly-54)
these are all perfectly fine grades! if we go to centre assessed grades this year, your teachers will use these along with all the tests you do in class to determine your final grades, you have so much time to improve but these grades are good already
Thank you
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
those are good grades and you still have plenty of time to improve
at the moment, gcses are still going ahead (though that could change soon) but keep working as if they are. i presume you'll have another sets of mocks soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (76)
16.67%
No one else does (141)
30.92%
I'm embarrassed about my background (51)
11.18%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (159)
34.87%
We don't use a video platform (7)
1.54%
I don't have a camera (10)
2.19%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (12)
2.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed