Schoolss111
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Can anybody help me with revising History, my exam board is OCR.
I just don't know how to revise all the topics and also how to practice writing & structuring my answers. Please help.
commiesystem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't know the exact topics you're studying, but generally with history, the best way to get top GCSE grades would be to watch documentaries, make timelines and by creating flashcards and mindmaps.

In terms of writing essays and structuring it, the best way to revise it would be looking at top-level model essays and creating individual essay plans. You can do this by creating a document of all the past papers alongside the mark scheme and creating your own essay plan beneath. You could do this for every topic, so you will be ready for any topic that comes up.

I hope this helps!
Schoolss111
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by commiesystem)
I don't know the exact topics you're studying, but generally with history, the best way to get top GCSE grades would be to watch documentaries, make timelines and by creating flashcards and mindmaps.

In terms of writing essays and structuring it, the best way to revise it would be looking at top-level model essays and creating individual essay plans. You can do this by creating a document of all the past papers alongside the mark scheme and creating your own essay plan beneath. You could do this for every topic, so you will be ready for any topic that comes up.

I hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I'm doing History A: 1)China 1950–1981: The People and the State 2)Migration to Britain c.1000 to c.2010 3)The Impact of Empire on Britain 1688–c.1730 with Urban Environments: Patterns of Migration. I am currently getting a 7 but I'm aiming for 8/9.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (271)
56.58%
I don't have everything I need (208)
43.42%

Watched Threads