helpNOWplease2
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so i dont know how to revise for sociology gcses. I am doing the aqa paper so i really need desperate help. thanks x.
wildflowerholly
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by helpNOWplease2)
so i dont know how to revise for sociology gcses. I am doing the aqa paper so i really need desperate help. thanks x.
find youtube videos on the topics youre doing and make sure you have a big list of all the sociologists and statistics etc that you need. my best advice is doing past paper questions and getting your teacher to mark them as it it really helpful !
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by helpNOWplease2)
Hi!

I use to make an A3 poster for each module in my subject with all the key points on and making it really colourful and coordinated.
I then try and memorise this poster and copy it from memory, but without all the colour and fancy bits. In a different coloured pen, I then add what I had missed from memory.

Or I make plans of potential essay questions, which include all the key facts. Similarly I memorise this and try and copy it from memory. In a different coloured pen i then add what I had missed from memory.

Past papers are a good way of revising, so you are prepared for the style of exams and essays you will have to write. Especially looking at the marking criteria.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
A list of tips

Highlight any important key details in the case studies. Use things like flashcards to your advantage. Analyse all essay questions logically and read research studies and articles online as well to enhance your own personal understanding. Read beyond the lines of human behaviour when out and about on the street. Be flexible and logical as well, it will help massively. Challenge any weird misconceptions and bust inaccurate myths. When making posters, use bold colours. Two or three will do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads