The Student Room Group

Guys do you think about marriage?

At what age do guys start thinking about marriage? I am 20 (female) and I am already thinking about it.

Scroll to see replies

I'm 18 years old and thought about marriage a lot over the past year as I had been in a relationship over that time. Unfortunately that relationship has ended but I still think about the matter as it is something I want to do.
as like a fantasy/dream like/ idea /completely unrealistically then anytime
seriously as a future plan , if I get into a relationship that I believe will work out and worth the long shot , so not anytime soon
Hi there
When you say "start thinking" about it. What do you mean?
Do you mean thinking about getting married?
Reply 4
From time to time, but as a thought for future plans.

It's not something I'd consider to be on the cards anytime soon
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by KieronIX
I'm 18 years old and thought about marriage a lot over the past year as I had been in a relationship over that time. Unfortunately that relationship has ended but I still think about the matter as it is something I want to do.

Queens gambit :smile:
Original post by Smokestar
Queens gambit :smile:

Indeedy.
I thought about it as a teenager but probably won't get married.
I date with an age gap of 15+ years, don't want to get meet a bf's parents or relatives and have a lot of dating dealbreakers.
Reply 8
Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there
When you say "start thinking" about it. What do you mean?
Do you mean thinking about getting married?

When it really starts to play on your mind so if you are looking for a prospective partner it is with marriage in mind
Original post by Anonymous
At what age do guys start thinking about marriage? I am 20 (female) and I am already thinking about it.

have you found anyone?
When it really starts to play on your mind so if you are looking for a prospective partner it is with marriage in mind

Oh
In that case, I think it varies from men to men.
It also depends of what one is looking for at a moment in their life.
For me, I have always been looking for something serious with a partner.
Starting 16 or 17, if I remember well I told myself that I want to get married to the woman I would date; of course after becoming an adult and having enough money to start a family.
Meh. Good to think for the future but I’m more focussed on what’s happening now.
have you found anyone?

No :frown: I haven't met anyone who likes me back.
Reply 13
Couldnt give a monkeys for it. I'm sure i can find better things to spend a few thousand pounds/dollars on.. like a big ole baggie of crack.
When do all women think about marriage? Different ages? Sometimes never? Same for blokes.
Only with the right person and after I've been with them for 10 years, there are way too many strings attached to marriage to just get married to anyone, same with a child.
Original post by Horatio_Nelson
Only with the right person and after I've been with them for 10 years, there are way too many strings attached to marriage to just get married to anyone, same with a child.

10 years is a really long time for me I couldn't wait longer than 4-5 years max.
I think about it constantly, it's a nice thing to think about.
Never thought about it, always assumed that I wouldn't bother. OH had other ideas and proposed after 6 years together - totally surprised but happy to say yes. Was in my early 30s at the time.
Original post by ReadingMum
Never thought about it, always assumed that I wouldn't bother. OH had other ideas and proposed after 6 years together - totally surprised but happy to say yes. Was in my early 30s at the time.

That's a really nice surprise, 6 years is a long wait. Was it love at first sight?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending