The Student Room Group

English gcse

hey everyone , I have mock test for English lit ( animal farm and Frankenstein) English is my worst subject , I’m currently failing in that and it makes me so depressed looking at my current grades for English lit / Lang . Does anyone have any tips to go from grade 4-6 for both lit and Lang I would love to get a grade 6 (B)or any advice I really need it . Thanksss
Reply 1
heyy, dont be disheartened , my teachers gave me a 7 in lit and 5 in lang , for lang i was getting 6s in mocks , watch a man called 'mr salles english' watch his videos religiously and memorise essays structures , for lit , make mindmaps on each key character / theme , and write their main theme and key quotes and analyse each quote in detail , do word level analysis and think more uniquely as those tend to be the answers examiners like the most ,
for lang , start reading more newspapers and articles, letters for paper 2 , and stories and narratives for paper 1 , you could also come up with a theme you would write about make it broad e.g crime / fantasy
Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by hibam
heyy, dont be disheartened , my teachers gave me a 7 in lit and 5 in lang , for lang i was getting 6s in mocks , watch a man called 'mr salles english' watch his videos religiously and memorise essays structures , for lit , make mindmaps on each key character / theme , and write their main theme and key quotes and analyse each quote in detail , do word level analysis and think more uniquely as those tend to be the answers examiners like the most ,
for lang , start reading more newspapers and articles, letters for paper 2 , and stories and narratives for paper 1 , you could also come up with a theme you would write about make it broad e.g crime / fantasy
Good luck!!

thank you so much for the advice it’s means a lot !, I’m hoping to get at least a grade 6 in these mocks coming up but thankyou again 🤍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending