The Student Room Group

Help with alevel decisions

I am in year 11 and i want to go to 6th form to try and put me on the path for a forensic scientist, i know i would like to take biology and chemistry but for my third subjct im not sure if sociology or phycology would be better.
I'd advise taking whichever you enjoy most! (Make sure you research your course beforehand to see if they require any specific third A-Level.)

Good luck! :smile:
Psychology sounds like it’ll go well with biology and chemistry but both these sciences are already a good fit for forensic science so just pick the one you like the sound of the most
Original post by Mlpash
I am in year 11 and i want to go to 6th form to try and put me on the path for a forensic scientist, i know i would like to take biology and chemistry but for my third subjct im not sure if sociology or phycology would be better.

@MIpash
I have a degree in Sociology and I am doing a MSc in Psychology so know a little about this area. Of the two for forensic science Psychology would be much better as it is seen as being closer to the STEM field (Science, technology, engineering, and maths).

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest