The Student Room Group

I had a dream about I left my current boyfriend and went back to my ex?

If I could be honest, that was a sweet dream and I could feel the euphoria of mine even in that dream. I don't know whether this is a reflection about what I am thinking subconsciously or not. I do feel that there are lots of things happening which diminish the love between he and I. I want to listen to my dream, not about going back to ex, but about breaking up.
Is this the sensible thing to do? Or is it just mad and crazy:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
If I could be honest, that was a sweet dream and I could feel the euphoria of mine even in that dream. I don't know whether this is a reflection about what I am thinking subconsciously or not. I do feel that there are lots of things happening which diminish the love between he and I. I want to listen to my dream, not about going back to ex, but about breaking up.

It's possibly more that you're having issues with your boyfriend. Dreams typically mean absolutely nothing, they're just things your brain does when you're sleeping. They have no relation to your real life at all. If you're not happy in the relationship and are considering ending it, then there must be reasons for that and you should act on them. Don't stay in a relationship you aren't happy in.
Just after I got with my current boyfriend I had a dream that my ex came back and I had to choose between them. I went on dates with both of them and it was super weird. I think it's just my brain processing recent events though at the end of the day.

Funnily enough I was watching a Netflix show on psychology earlier and the episode focused on dreams, and I have to agree with what they said. Dreams aren't necessarily telling you what you should do or what's going to happen, but they're making sense of the current situation and giving you options. For me, the way you feel about this dream is more telling than the dream itself, but having said that maybe you're not thinking realistically. Dreams can be great, but would it really be so euphoric to get back with your ex in real life? The part of your brain dealing with logic shuts down in sleep, so perhaps it isn't the best decision-maker.

I would advise thinking more about why you'd consider breaking up with your boyfriend, seeing this dream as nothing more than a thought. It shouldn't be viewed as advice, or "a sign".
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

who knows dreams have meanings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending