Deciding which postgraduate degree to take (museum studies or management)!!?

Watch
username0987876
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi, I'm currently a third year history student looking at prospects after I graduate. I'm thinking of doing a masters course in either museum studies or management (either general management or human resources management) but I can't decide on one.

Can anyone offer their opinions on what MA they think is more useful in terms of employability, amount of money I could earn etc etc.

Thankyou!!
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by username0987876)
Hi, I'm currently a third year history student looking at prospects after I graduate. I'm thinking of doing a masters course in either museum studies or management (either general management or human resources management) but I can't decide on one.

Can anyone offer their opinions on what MA they think is more useful in terms of employability, amount of money I could earn etc etc.

Thankyou!!
Hi username0987876,

I have had a look online for you on the prospects websites which highlights common career paths people take after doing specific degrees. Due to museum studies being such a specialst subject- I have been unable to find a page for it (but it may be worth a look yourself as I could have missed it).

I have however found roles within a museum here (https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and...gn/museum-jobs) with several having reference to museum studies- you could then search the average wage of these jobs to gain more info.

I have found the prospects page for Business Management and Human Resource Management careers which may also be worth looking into.

Whilst we don't offer Museum studies at the University of Hull, we do offer both MSc Human Resource Management (being a CIPD approved centre) and MSc Business Management if you would be interested in studying at Hull.

I think the most important thing is to study a course which you will enjoy as it is a large commitment

Best of luck with your decision!
Millie
Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.39%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.76%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.04%
I need help with my personal statement (56)
40.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.18%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.16%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.19%

Watched Threads