Any information on paid apprenticeships for 18 y.o?

Watch
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Due to some recent circumstances I’ve decided I’ve got to move out ASAP and I obviously can’t do that if I’m broke so I hope to do it some time next year, Uni is out of the question and I’ve decided the apprenticeship route is the best for me right now.

If you’ve got any info on apprenticeships that are equivalent to A-Levels that can lead to a higher level of apprenticeships or apprenticeships you’d take after A-Levels that would be wonderful, specifically in the arts and design sector but not necessarily limited to that sector.

I’ve got GCSE’s completed right now and I’m doing my A-Levels, I hope to finish them next year but we’ll see how that goes, either way any information on apprenticeships and the requirements are needed.

I’ve already checked out UCAS and will continue to research into it but until then if you’ve got any information on the topic of apprenticeships, the pay and general experience of it that’d be much appreciated.

Also, when they start and if any places offer apprenticeships at any time instead of September.

Much appreciated
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Due to some recent circumstances I’ve decided I’ve got to move out ASAP and I obviously can’t do that if I’m broke so I hope to do it some time next year, Uni is out of the question and I’ve decided the apprenticeship route is the best for me right now.

If you’ve got any info on apprenticeships that are equivalent to A-Levels that can lead to a higher level of apprenticeships or apprenticeships you’d take after A-Levels that would be wonderful, specifically in the arts and design sector but not necessarily limited to that sector.

I’ve got GCSE’s completed right now and I’m doing my A-Levels, I hope to finish them next year but we’ll see how that goes, either way any information on apprenticeships and the requirements are needed.

I’ve already checked out UCAS and will continue to research into it but until then if you’ve got any information on the topic of apprenticeships, the pay and general experience of it that’d be much appreciated.

Also, when they start and if any places offer apprenticeships at any time instead of September.

Much appreciated
Hi,

If you've got GCSEs and are looking for a Level 3 apprenticeship, you should keep an eye out for 'Advanced' apprenticeships. If you're planning on completing your A-levels then you may be able to apply for Higher or Degree apprenticeships depending on the field.

There's a great section on TSR covering all types of apprenticeship here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/apprenticeships/

And there's a vacancy search here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...ies-in-england

(If it doesn't show any results, there's a link at the bottom of the tool which takes you to the government search function )

There will be a number of apprenticeships which have different start dates, other than September. Usually, these are smaller companies who may hire one or two apprentices and can therefore cater for different starting dates but it's worth checking out any that interest you.

Good luck in your search and I'm more than happy to be a sounding board if you want to discuss your options
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Hi,

If you've got GCSEs and are looking for a Level 3 apprenticeship, you should keep an eye out for 'Advanced' apprenticeships. If you're planning on completing your A-levels then you may be able to apply for Higher or Degree apprenticeships depending on the field.

There's a great section on TSR covering all types of apprenticeship here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/apprenticeships/

And there's a vacancy search here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...ies-in-england

(If it doesn't show any results, there's a link at the bottom of the tool which takes you to the government search function )

There will be a number of apprenticeships which have different start dates, other than September. Usually, these are smaller companies who may hire one or two apprentices and can therefore cater for different starting dates but it's worth checking out any that interest you.

Good luck in your search and I'm more than happy to be a sounding board if you want to discuss your options
Thanks for your help :yy:
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
some start november/january but very few.
for apprenticeships look at:
notgoingtouni.co.uk
https://www.reddit.com/r/ApprenticeshipsUK/
ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk
and the government website
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (206)
57.54%
I don't have everything I need (152)
42.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed