The Student Room Group

Target Oxbridge 2021-2022

Hi, I'm Aisha and I'm panicking about the Target Oxbridge interview. If anyone has had their Interview could they please tell me what happened and how it went for them. Thanks so much and good luck for anyone who has an upcoming interview. Wish you all the best.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ayi1206
Hi, I'm Aisha and I'm panicking about the Target Oxbridge interview. If anyone has had their Interview could they please tell me what happened and how it went for them. Thanks so much and good luck for anyone who has an upcoming interview. Wish you all the best.

Hey, I am in year 13, on Target Oxbridge. I am applying for Computer Science and my TO interview, assuming they are similar this year, was basically them asking general questions like why you want to study your subject, why you want to be on TO, why you want to go to Oxbridge, so a lot of the questions that were asked in the application. The second part of the interview was me having to go through 2 maths problems. You are advised to think aloud so they know your thought process. I remember I made quite a few silly mistakes from not thinking the question through properly, but I still got a place so don't worry about it too much! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much. You have really eased my stress.
Original post by desto
Hey, I am in year 13, on Target Oxbridge. I am applying for Computer Science and my TO interview, assuming they are similar this year, was basically them asking general questions like why you want to study your subject, why you want to be on TO, why you want to go to Oxbridge, so a lot of the questions that were asked in the application. The second part of the interview was me having to go through 2 maths problems. You are advised to think aloud so they know your thought process. I remember I made quite a few silly mistakes from not thinking the question through properly, but I still got a place so don't worry about it too much! Good luck! :smile:
Hey, I'm also on Target Oxbridge this year! Honestly, don't stress about your interview. Make sure you go in with a clear head so you can focus on any questions asked. I'll be honest and say my interview was not easy, because it's meant to be replicate the Oxbridge style of interviews. However, you will definitely be fine if you think through what you want to say and don't let the pressure get to you. I am applying for Law and I remember I had something to read before hand and I was asked questions about it. So definitely read through the source beforehand, make some notes if you find that helpful and potentially do some wider research. At one point in the interview, I felt like I was being grilled! But I just kept calm and tried to express my argument clearly. I listened to the views of my interviewer also, and took them into account. Also, be expected to answer the standard questions of why do you want to study your subject, what have you already done to engage with your subject, what reading are you currently doing?
Good luck and I hope the interview goes well! I'm sure you'll smash it!
Reply 4
Thank you so much

Original post by MoniqueK15
Hey, I'm also on Target Oxbridge this year! Honestly, don't stress about your interview. Make sure you go in with a clear head so you can focus on any questions asked. I'll be honest and say my interview was not easy, because it's meant to be replicate the Oxbridge style of interviews. However, you will definitely be fine if you think through what you want to say and don't let the pressure get to you. I am applying for Law and I remember I had something to read before hand and I was asked questions about it. So definitely read through the source beforehand, make some notes if you find that helpful and potentially do some wider research. At one point in the interview, I felt like I was being grilled! But I just kept calm and tried to express my argument clearly. I listened to the views of my interviewer also, and took them into account. Also, be expected to answer the standard questions of why do you want to study your subject, what have you already done to engage with your subject, what reading are you currently doing?
No worries!
No worries!

I did the law interview too! How did u find it ? It was my first ever form of interview so it was very stressful and nerve wrecking for me . Unfortunately I’m doubtful that I will get in cuz I forgot to do wider research into the cases studies of the article so yeah not feeling confident at all.
Reply 7
I just did my interview for engineering I think it went well but we’ll see!
Hi, I applied in early December, a bit after applications closed. Do you happen to know of anyone who still got in after applying around that time? I haven't heard back from them yet and would really like to sit an interview. I want to study maths and computer science. Thank you =)
When do we find out the outcome???
Original post by Wallsocket

February I think
Original post by Wallsocket

Yes, the results should be out by now.
How did everyone do? I'm shocked but I got in for Law even after the horrible interview.
Original post by Unknownx12
How did everyone do? I'm shocked but I got in for Law even after the horrible interview.

Good job! I got in for Medicine even though I was sure my interview went awfully. My interviewer even had to tell me that I didn’t answer one of the questions. Lol.
Original post by ItsTomii
Good job! I got in for Medicine even though I was sure my interview went awfully. My interviewer even had to tell me that I didn’t answer one of the questions. Lol.

Congratulations!!! Medicine is so hard as well.
Original post by Unknownx12
Congratulations!!! Medicine is so hard as well.

The article wasn’t actually that bad. It was about vaccines, which is quite topical, so I had a lot to talk about.
sorry whats target oxbridge?
I didn’t get in for Natsci but I didn’t expect to
Well done everyone who got a place on this scheme! Although there is no guarantee of an Oxbridge offer, your success bodes well for the future.

@vix.xvi To see a great scheme, click on the link below

https://targetoxbridge.co.uk/
Reply 19
Do you know if we can ask for feedback on our interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending