isabellazafe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i've always wanted to do architecture but researching into it many architects say their not happy with their job and everyone says u need lots of dedication because u get little pay for the amount of work u do. What r other careers are similar to architecture, i want to make 100k + a year and don't wait a decade for it to happen. i'm more on the creative side than the STEM side. I also want to have my own business, would I make more money with my own firm? Other things i love and consider as jobs are interior design, event organising, party planning etc. I have the grades for architecture but i don't mind doing an 'easy' degree even though it won't please my parents that much. Sorry for the long question
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by isabellazafe)
i want to make 100k + a year and don't wait a decade for it to happen.
Keep dreaming.
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Keep dreaming.
the thing is some of my parent's friends who do architecture make like 60k and some make 200k (they told me cause i told them i wanted to do architecture)
AMG44
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You will not make £100k a year if you're not dedicated. Nothing is easy... you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think someone is going to give you a £100k job within 10 years, that is rare.

You'll need a lot of hard work and dedication and will need to keep pushing yourself outside your comfort zone.
Last edited by AMG44; 2 months ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It takes a minimum of 7 years to qualify as an architect. Decades more to build up a career.
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It takes a minimum of 7 years to qualify as an architect. Decades more to build up a career.
yeah ik are there any other similar jobs u think i should do? i like interior design but i don't thinking i'm challenging myself enough cause u don't need to go to uni for it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yeah ik are there any other similar jobs u think i should do? i like interior design but i don't thinking i'm challenging myself enough cause u don't need to go to uni for it.
I think you would benefit from working for a couple of years before university so that you have a better understanding of what different jobs might involve before you commit to a specific pathway.
Rarest
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It is exceptionally rare for people in architecture/similar fields to be making 100k+ within the first 10 years. Like, really rare. If one of your relatives do architecture/similar job and makes that much they are either:
1) Experienced in the field for more than a decade
2) Were one of the few very lucky people who got 100k+ within a decade.
GatoMessi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes that's true leading up to RIBA! I worked as an architectural technician in my 20s
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i've always wanted to do architecture but researching into it many architects say their not happy with their job and everyone says u need lots of dedication because u get little pay for the amount of work u do. What r other careers are similar to architecture, i want to make 100k + a year and don't wait a decade for it to happen. i'm more on the creative side than the STEM side. I also want to have my own business, would I make more money with my own firm? Other things i love and consider as jobs are interior design, event organising, party planning etc. I have the grades for architecture but i don't mind doing an 'easy' degree even though it won't please my parents that much. Sorry for the long question
I would be happy to earn 40K living a good life than earning 100k with no life !!!

I agree with other postings that you will not get 100k if you are not dedicate to it. You need to fell in love with architecture before you can work your way through earning 100k!!
hw8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i want to make 100k + a year and don't wait a decade for it to happen.
This is not a good mindset to have. That will be very difficult, and in the very few careers that it could you need to be the best of the best. Focus on your school studies and apply for something at uni that genuinely interests you.
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the thing is I'm very interested in architecture but everytime i tell ppl about it they say its really difficult and i should consider something else. I don't mind working for it but I don't want to be struggling financially especially if i have a family
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the thing is I'm very interested in architecture but everytime i tell ppl about it they say its really difficult and i should consider something else. I don't mind working for it but I don't want to be struggling financially especially if i have a family
Millions of families have successfully made it FAR less than 100k !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (81)
64.8%
I don't have everything I need (44)
35.2%

Watched Threads