Want more information about this university?

Mature student at the University of Bradford

Watch
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Isata, originally from the Netherlands, studies a Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine at the University of Bradford.

Name:  Isata-1-1-720x479.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  42.8 KB

"Although nursing gave me some great medical experience, I’m not from a science background and the opportunity to explore chemistry, biology and some maths, really attracted me to the Foundation Year. It’s also great for people who know they want to explore a healthcare career but aren't sure exactly which direction to go in.

"I was reassured to know that if I didn’t manage to transfer to medicine I’d still be really happy to continue my clinical sciences studies and there would be lots of career opportunities for me after graduation."

"As a mature student, my journey to the University of Bradford was a little different to the norm. As I didn’t have the traditional GCSE and A level grades, I completed an Access to Higher Education course which is very much aimed at students like myself. This then allowed me to apply for the Foundation Year."

"As a mature student, I was a little apprehensive about starting my studies but there were a number of events specifically for older students, which really helped us to get to know the place and meet new people in a similar situation."

"Something I loved about the Foundation Year was that it wasn’t just focused on academic study. I felt like I really grew as a person as well. I learnt a lot about communication skills and teamwork."

Read more from Isata here :wavey:

Becky
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Hey how long do bradford uni take to send out offers? And do they still make offers to people who are predicted 2 lower than their entry requirements?
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey how long do bradford uni take to send out offers? And do they still make offers to people who are predicted 2 lower than their entry requirements?
Hello!

Thanks for getting in touch

Our Admissions Team will be able to help you further with this, please contact them on [email protected]

Thanks,

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (64)
17.49%
No one else does (118)
32.24%
I'm embarrassed about my background (38)
10.38%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (125)
34.15%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.64%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.19%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.91%

Watched Threads